All Discussions Tagged 'birds' (12)

← Back to HUMANE ATHEISTS
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Angry Birds: Crows Never Forget Your Face

Considering how important and fundamental facial recogintion is to humans, it does not surprise me at all that other animals would have a s…

Started by A Former Member

3 Aug 23, 2011
Reply by Steph S.

Oldest wild bird in U.S. survives tsunami

Oldest wild bird in U.S. survives tsunami A 60-something albatross ranked as America's oldest free-flying bird has thrilled biologists by s…

0 Mar 23, 2011

Vultures use tools. Ravens use vultures. Ravens are tools

Vultures use tools. Ravens use vultures. Ravens are toolsIn Israel’s Khai Bar Reserve, a pair of brown-necked ravens has a problem. They’r…

0 Mar 20, 2011

FACT CHECK: Mass Bird, Fish Deaths Occur Regularly

FACT CHECK: Mass Bird, Fish Deaths Occur RegularlyWASHINGTON (AP) — First, the blackbirds fell out of the sky on New Year's Eve in Arkansas…

1 Jan 9, 2011
Reply by Dogly

Expert Recommends Killing Oil-Soaked Birds

Expert Recommends Killing Oil-Soaked Birds A German biologist says that efforts to clean oil-drenched birds in the Gulf of Mexico are in v…

3 Jul 3, 2010
Reply by Johannes S.

Website Links: Animal Conservation, Protection, and Advocacy

Because this list is getting so long, I am moving it from the homepage to its own thread. Add any links you'd like in the comment field bel…

0 Jul 3, 2010

The Value of Dead Bird Watching

The Value of Dead Bird WatchingUniversity of Washington researcher Julia Parrish founded COASST, a nonprofit that allows hundreds of citiz…

0 Jun 22, 2010

A Puffin Comeback

A Puffin ComebackAtlantic puffins had nearly vanished from the Maine coast until a young biologist defied conventional wisdom to lure them…

0 Jun 3, 2010

As the Crows Fly

As the Crows Fly There are more crows now than there have ever been in the history of the earth. There are more people, too, and in fact,…

0 Oct 23, 2009

Wesley the Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl

I have not read this book, but I did hear an interview with the author, either on the radio or in a podcast. Looks like an amazing story.…

1 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service