All Discussions Tagged 'animals' (59)

← Back to HUMANE ATHEISTS
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Going Undercover in an Industrial Slaughterhouse

In the May issue of Harper’s magazine, Ted Conover, a longtime undercover and participatory journalist, details his job as an undercover fe…

Started by A Former Member

14 Jan 12
Reply by Mink Laubenthal

Why are you interested in animal welfare issues?

Why are you interested in issues surrounding animal welfare? What first sparked your interest? Do you see a difference between animal w…

18 Dec 26, 2013
Reply by Beverly Barnes Vokoun

The killing agency: Wildlife Services' brutal methods leave a trail of animal death

A very long 3-part series. I've not finished it myself, but I'm posting it now. Courtesy of Ruth Anthony-Gardner.  - Dallas   The killing a…

7 May 13, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

Mallard ducklings rescued. Any advice or information welcome!

An old fellow on a bicycle came to my house yesterday, with 5 ducklings rescued from the middle of a road.  There was no mother around.  Ne…

Started by Dogly

2 May 9, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

Political Animals, by Christopher Hitchens

A somewhat long but excellent book review by Hitchens. It's from 2002, so some of you may have run across it before. Hitchens is such a gre…

0 Dec 6, 2011

Rhino subspecies vanishing from the wild

Rhino subspecies vanishing from the wildThe Western Black Rhino of Africa has been declared officially extinct, and two other subspecies of…

0 Nov 10, 2011

Do Animals Grieve?

Do Animals Grieve?I'm on research leave from my college this year in order to write a book that explores one central question: Do non-human…

0 Oct 25, 2011

Angry Birds: Crows Never Forget Your Face

Considering how important and fundamental facial recogintion is to humans, it does not surprise me at all that other animals would have a s…

3 Aug 23, 2011
Reply by Steph S.

Organized Crime Wiping Out Wildlife

Organized Crime Wiping Out Wildlife Criminal syndicates are wiping out wildlife and it's leading to catastrophic population declines and ev…

1 Aug 15, 2011
Reply by Steph S.

Animals Getting High: New Book Explores Feeling Good In The Wild

Animals Getting High: New Book Explores Feeling Good In The Wild After a long day of roaming the wild, can you blame a bird for throwing ba…

0 Jul 3, 2011

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service