A 1940s radio drama of "The Dunwich Horror," on the program Suspense. (I noticed they pronounce it "Dunnich," and not "Dunwhich," which is how I would have thought to pronounce it. What do you Northern's say?)

Tags: Lovecraft, fiction, horror, old timey radio, radio drama

Views: 182

Replies to This Discussion

I would of said DunWitch too.  Thanks for the videos.
I was reading the Wikipedia article on this, and it mentions Greenwich, which is pronounced Gren-itch. I never really thought much about it, to be honest. But it seems like Dunwich would follow the same rules of pronunciation and be Dun-itch. Dunwich is a fictional place anyhow.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Luara replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
4 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to James M. Martin's discussion It Doesn't Take Long for this Racist Missouri Lawman to Blast Anyone Different from a Middle-Aged White Male
5 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Steph S.'s discussion In what way are you still recovering from being brought up religious? in the group Recovering from Religion
6 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion God said, “div D = ρ, div B = 0, curl E = - ðB/ðt, curl H = J + ðD/ðt,” and there was light. in the group Physicists
9 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to James M. Martin's discussion No, Everyone Knows You Are A Dangerous Lunatic: A Person Without God is Immoral, Sinful, Wicked, and Naughty
10 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to James M. Martin's discussion No, Everyone Knows You Are A Dangerous Lunatic: A Person Without God is Immoral, Sinful, Wicked, and Naughty
12 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to sflmac's discussion God cured Doctor's Ebola disease.
16 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
16 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
18 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion No, Everyone Knows You Are A Dangerous Lunatic: A Person Without God is Immoral, Sinful, Wicked, and Naughty
24 minutes ago
ShroudedAtheist replied to James M. Martin's discussion No, Everyone Knows You Are A Dangerous Lunatic: A Person Without God is Immoral, Sinful, Wicked, and Naughty
27 minutes ago
The Flying Atheist commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
28 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service