Sep 27, 2011 11:24am

Harry Potter Dog ‘Padfoot’ Needs New Home

Berry, the dog that starred in the "Harry Potter" movies, needs a new home.

Berry, the 10-year-old black German Shepherd that played Padfoot in the “Harry Potter” movies, is up for adoption, and the requests are streaming in, many from the U.S.

His owner, stuntman and trainer Paul Thompson, gave Berry to England’s German Shepherd Rescue in July along with a white 13-year-old German Shepherd named Porridge. The two dogs, who grew up together, must be adopted as a pair.

“[Berry] was given up for rescue because the gentleman couldn’t afford to keep him anymore and his companion,” said Jane O’Brien, who fields inquiries for  German Shepherd Rescue. The two dogs were immediately put into a safe foster home but now need a permanent place to live.

On the organization’s website, Berry’s bio reads: “My Dad contacted German Shepherd Dog Rescue because he realized he didn’t have the time to look after us properly anymore. His work takes him away from home an awful lot and whilst his friends and family tried to help look after us, we weren’t getting the walks or brushes we were used to.”

“They’re very classy animals,” O’Brien said of Berry and his pal Porridge. “Very quiet, well-behaved.”

Ever since the U.K.’s Sunday Express first publicized the dogs’ plight, O’Brien said, “Berry has been offered so many homes it’s unbelievable.”

Lizzy Brown, one of the organization’s dog coordinators, estimates at least 100 people have offered to take the dogs so far, many of them from the United States.

I think it's sad that the owner wasn't able to take care of the dogs.  It seemed like in another article I read that they were older dogs and he just didn't want to take care of them anymore.  Older dogs need more attention.

Just thought you all might like to know this story.

Views: 24

Replies to This Discussion

I'll have to see if Padfoot got adopted - I'm sure someone would want him.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service