Post your PC specs and see how they compare.

Ill start with mine:

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000 3.10GHz

RAM:
2x1024MB RAM DDR2

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS (348MB DDR3)

Hard Drive:
500gb SATA II 32MB Cache

Vista Ultimate w/SP1

Monitor:
19in HP w1907v

Speakers:
Logitech 32watt 2.1 system

Tags: PC, processor, ram, rig, setup, specs, tech

Views: 539

Replies to This Discussion

I'm too lazy to copy and paste but, as I'm on the move at the moment, my current specs can be found here

I also haved a desktop PC at home running Ubuntu, but have no chance of remembering the specs off the top of my head.
I built and use an ATX form Factor Antec SLK3700AMB tower with an AMD 2800 2.1 Ghz Athalon XP processor (1Gig RAM on die of cpu)
AGP 8 Radeon 9200 128 Meg RAM on Vid Card
Creative Audigy sound card with 6 Satillite Speakers & Sub Woofer
2 Sticks of One Gig DDR400
/PC3200 RAM on a
ASUS A7V8X-X MOBO.
OS XP Pro with disabled security upgrades.
Fire Fox
Fixit Utilities 6
Maxtor 80Gig ATA 133 Hard Drive @7500 rpm.
My Antec Power supply Antec SL 350 puts out 350 Watts. I use a KDS 19" LCD monitor
a Digital Keyboard and
a Logitec Marble Mouse Trac Ball.
I also have an iMac for video creation.
Motherboard: Supermicro X7DAL-E+O dual LGA 771 Intel 5000X ATX Server Mobo
GFX card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2
Processor: Intel Xeon E5405 Harpertown 2.0GHz LGA 771 80W Quad-Core (soon to have two)
RAM: Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR2 FB-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
HDD: 250GB 7200rpm SATA 3.0Gb/s
Moniter: 22" Acer X223W
Speakers: Philips stereo I had on hand (2.1 setup)

I also have a Lightscribe DVD/CD burner and the Saitek Eclipse I illuminated (blue) keyboard. It was great building my own tower both to cut costs and to get a better comp than usually found in stores.
Very nice you planning to upgrade to Win 7?
You prob should to make the most of your RAM.
9" × 2" er...
This is what I currently run as my main unit...

Dell M2010

Added a new toy to the computer eco-system today.

It was touch and go there for a bit but it turned out better then I had initially planned.

I have been wanting to upgrade my media box which was hooked to my tv for a while now, this weekend I took the plunge. I am now the proud pappy of media box 2.0.3*.

The baseline consists of a ASRock ION 330Pro The high points are the Intel® Dual Core Atom™ 330 and the NVIDIA® ION™ graphics processor.

It has a custom build of XBMC (Dharma Beta) on the front end with the Lucid Lynx (10.04) version of Ubuntu as it's core OS.

On top of that it also has a completely PHP/HTML back-end management system for all your media needs.

in no particular order...

Webmin, Apache http/php server, Transmission, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, Newznab and Subsonic to round it out.

I use a Joomla based php site to iframe redirect all the various pieces into a cohesive unit using drop-down menus.

As you can tell I am pretty proud of it, still have a few bugs to iron out but the tough stuff is done.

*The reason it is 2.0.3 is because 1.0 is my old desktop PC which has been doubling as my test bed it turned out so well I decided to keep it for my downstairs study.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66 GHz
4GB DDR2 800MHz
ASUS P5Q Pro motherboard
NVidia 9600GT
320GB + 250GB HDDs (SATA 3Gb/s)
Corsair HX-620w PSU
Creative i-Trigue speakers (though I use earphones these days because I live in a unit now)
Aguila case (I'll buy an Antec next time, I think... front door is hopeless)
Logitech Value Mouse and G15 keyboard (mouse is black - pretty much everything matches (though I wamt to switch the case fans for orange ones if I can find them (to match the v2 G15 I have).
22" BenQ FP222W (I've had a good run with this monitor - nearly three years and *still* don't have any stuck or dead pixels. My uncle's ViewSonic 22" has one and he's had his for a year less).

Dual-booting Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop (w/Server kernel) and Vista HP x64 w/SP1 (soon SP2). Gonna switch Ubuntu to 64-bit with the next release (I have a separate /home partition so this isn't an issue).
Which one? This doesn't even show my main computer :)

I've got all you lusers beat:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
G-Skill Ripjaws 4x1GB DDR3
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Superclocked
600GB SATA II
Win 7 ultimate
22" Samsung syncmaster TFT LCD
Altec Lansing stereo speakers with subwoofer

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Pat replied to Loren Miller's discussion Turns out that lawsuits have rules (Daily Kos) in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
28 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Atheist in FundyLand's discussion Anyone else have trouble finding a compatible psychotherapist?
34 minutes ago
Larry replied to Larry's discussion YouTube Video: "How to Convert an Atheist"
34 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Atheist in FundyLand's discussion Anyone else have trouble finding a compatible psychotherapist?
36 minutes ago
37 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Loren Miller's discussion Turns out that lawsuits have rules (Daily Kos) in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
40 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Loren Miller's discussion Turns out that lawsuits have rules (Daily Kos) in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
40 minutes ago
John Jubinsky replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
45 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Loren Miller's discussion Turns out that lawsuits have rules (Daily Kos) in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
58 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Pat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
1 hour ago
Matt--Lukin replied to L. Alcorn's discussion Early Christianity
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service