Post your PC specs and see how they compare.

Ill start with mine:

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000 3.10GHz

RAM:
2x1024MB RAM DDR2

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS (348MB DDR3)

Hard Drive:
500gb SATA II 32MB Cache

Vista Ultimate w/SP1

Monitor:
19in HP w1907v

Speakers:
Logitech 32watt 2.1 system

Tags: PC, processor, ram, rig, setup, specs, tech

Views: 536

Replies to This Discussion

I'm too lazy to copy and paste but, as I'm on the move at the moment, my current specs can be found here

I also haved a desktop PC at home running Ubuntu, but have no chance of remembering the specs off the top of my head.
I built and use an ATX form Factor Antec SLK3700AMB tower with an AMD 2800 2.1 Ghz Athalon XP processor (1Gig RAM on die of cpu)
AGP 8 Radeon 9200 128 Meg RAM on Vid Card
Creative Audigy sound card with 6 Satillite Speakers & Sub Woofer
2 Sticks of One Gig DDR400
/PC3200 RAM on a
ASUS A7V8X-X MOBO.
OS XP Pro with disabled security upgrades.
Fire Fox
Fixit Utilities 6
Maxtor 80Gig ATA 133 Hard Drive @7500 rpm.
My Antec Power supply Antec SL 350 puts out 350 Watts. I use a KDS 19" LCD monitor
a Digital Keyboard and
a Logitec Marble Mouse Trac Ball.
I also have an iMac for video creation.
Motherboard: Supermicro X7DAL-E+O dual LGA 771 Intel 5000X ATX Server Mobo
GFX card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2
Processor: Intel Xeon E5405 Harpertown 2.0GHz LGA 771 80W Quad-Core (soon to have two)
RAM: Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR2 FB-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
HDD: 250GB 7200rpm SATA 3.0Gb/s
Moniter: 22" Acer X223W
Speakers: Philips stereo I had on hand (2.1 setup)

I also have a Lightscribe DVD/CD burner and the Saitek Eclipse I illuminated (blue) keyboard. It was great building my own tower both to cut costs and to get a better comp than usually found in stores.
Very nice you planning to upgrade to Win 7?
You prob should to make the most of your RAM.
9" × 2" er...
This is what I currently run as my main unit...

Dell M2010

Added a new toy to the computer eco-system today.

It was touch and go there for a bit but it turned out better then I had initially planned.

I have been wanting to upgrade my media box which was hooked to my tv for a while now, this weekend I took the plunge. I am now the proud pappy of media box 2.0.3*.

The baseline consists of a ASRock ION 330Pro The high points are the Intel® Dual Core Atom™ 330 and the NVIDIA® ION™ graphics processor.

It has a custom build of XBMC (Dharma Beta) on the front end with the Lucid Lynx (10.04) version of Ubuntu as it's core OS.

On top of that it also has a completely PHP/HTML back-end management system for all your media needs.

in no particular order...

Webmin, Apache http/php server, Transmission, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, Newznab and Subsonic to round it out.

I use a Joomla based php site to iframe redirect all the various pieces into a cohesive unit using drop-down menus.

As you can tell I am pretty proud of it, still have a few bugs to iron out but the tough stuff is done.

*The reason it is 2.0.3 is because 1.0 is my old desktop PC which has been doubling as my test bed it turned out so well I decided to keep it for my downstairs study.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66 GHz
4GB DDR2 800MHz
ASUS P5Q Pro motherboard
NVidia 9600GT
320GB + 250GB HDDs (SATA 3Gb/s)
Corsair HX-620w PSU
Creative i-Trigue speakers (though I use earphones these days because I live in a unit now)
Aguila case (I'll buy an Antec next time, I think... front door is hopeless)
Logitech Value Mouse and G15 keyboard (mouse is black - pretty much everything matches (though I wamt to switch the case fans for orange ones if I can find them (to match the v2 G15 I have).
22" BenQ FP222W (I've had a good run with this monitor - nearly three years and *still* don't have any stuck or dead pixels. My uncle's ViewSonic 22" has one and he's had his for a year less).

Dual-booting Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop (w/Server kernel) and Vista HP x64 w/SP1 (soon SP2). Gonna switch Ubuntu to 64-bit with the next release (I have a separate /home partition so this isn't an issue).
Which one? This doesn't even show my main computer :)

I've got all you lusers beat:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
G-Skill Ripjaws 4x1GB DDR3
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Superclocked
600GB SATA II
Win 7 ultimate
22" Samsung syncmaster TFT LCD
Altec Lansing stereo speakers with subwoofer

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service