Atheist Nexus Logo
I fight amateur MMA. My natural walk-arouind weight is 190 and my fights have been at the Middleweight limt of 185 lbs. Many of my friends who fight professionally drop 15-25 pounds 3 weeks before a fight. If you or anyone else is considering taking up the sport,there are some things you need to know for a safe weight cut and good conditioning:

*Be careful with strength training. Muscles are good,but too many can lead to gassing out quickly. Alot of blood is pumped through them. Dont sacrifice strength for speed.

*Starving yourself is unnecessary. Cut out ALL junk food and stick with the food pyramid. Some gyms have an in-house nutritionist for fight camp mealplans. you can also find some online.

*try to avoid shaving off pounds the day of the weigh in. A week or two out you should be about 5 pounds away. with proper technique,thats more than enough time.

*Weight loss supplements=trouble. They are illegal in most organizations and can lead to disqualification.

*STAY HYDRATED. Too many times I've seen people need IVs to replenish lost fluid. 

*TALK TO A DOCTOR. see where your perfect fight weight is. Dont be tempted by the thoughts of being the bully in a weight class.

I hope these tidbits may help.

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

oh yea...145 at 6'3 is probably not good.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

sk8eycat replied to matthew greenberg's discussion time for pols to share their feelings on atheism
1 hour ago
Grinning Cat replied to matthew greenberg's discussion time for pols to share their feelings on atheism
2 hours ago
Grinning Cat liked matthew greenberg's discussion time for pols to share their feelings on atheism
2 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
2 hours ago
MagetheEntertainer posted a video

Inside Gods Mind

Inside Gods Mind In this video I discuss Ran Campbell's dream about him being in the mind of God during the judgement of his childhood care givers, and deter...
3 hours ago
Profile IconFrank Pennycook, Nicholas McNemar and Neil joined Atheist Nexus
3 hours ago
Scary Guy joined Sara's group
4 hours ago
Scary Guy joined Ian's group
4 hours ago

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service