Every meal you eat measurably influences artery health. Researchers compared a sausage, egg, cheese sandwich with hash browns meal to a salmon, almonds, and veggies cooked in olive oil meal. Within two and four hours they found the blood vessel lining 24% more responsive with the healthy meal.

Every Single Junk Food Meal Damages Your Arteries, New Study Reveals

A single junk food meal -- composed mainly of saturated fat -- is detrimental to the health of the arteries, while no damage occurs after consuming a Mediterranean meal rich in good fats such as mono-and polyunsaturated fatty acids, according to researchers at the University of Montreal-affiliated ÉPIC Center of the Montreal Heart Institute. The Mediterranean meal may even have a positive effect on the arteries.

... endothelial function is closely linked to the long-term risk of developing coronary artery disease...

... eating the junk food meal, the arteries of the study participants dilated 24% less than they did when in the fasting state. In contrast, the arteries were found to dilate normally and maintain good blood flow after the Mediterranean-type meal.

Tags: effects of a meal on arteries, good fats help arteries, heart disease, saturated fat

Views: 80

Replies to This Discussion

I need to make sure I eat good then. I admit that I have my off days and don't always eat my best.

Every time I eat at a southern buffet I think, "This is my cholesterol for the entire year."

Maybe you should look for a healthier alternative locally. It's sooo easy to eat wrong when it's tasty, convenient, and cost effective (till you get the hospital bills). I'd experiment, looking for restaurants that provide healthy options.

That's right Ruth - that's what happens to me when I look for easy quick food

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service