When you're not working what do you like to do?

Views: 103

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Ian!  Mom, and Dad (my son), and my new granddaughter are all doing great.  Ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes :) <3  Still getting used to the 'G' word!  lol
Thank you, Alysn!  I love holding her!  At 7 lb. 11 oz., she is 1 1/2 pounds lighter than her daddy when he was born and 3 pounds lighter than my older son!  Tiny compared to my boys as infants :)

Well...

1) Reading. Because, even when you work at a bookstore, there's no time for reading @ work. Just plenty of time to buy more books. ;) Sci-Fi/Fantasy, History, whatever catches my fancy.

2) Playing games on my DS. I'm not a video game person, but I got a DSi XL for my b-day last year, and it's fun to play games on. My current obsession is Dragon Quest IX. :D

3)Hanging out with Torpedo, my family's Shar-pei. What can I say? He's adorable, wrinkly, and loves attention. With the warmer weather we can spend more time outside in the backyard hunting squirrels. ;)

4)TV. I like the Science channel, Adult Swim, Comedy Central, etc. Just watched the season finale of Game of Thrones last night! Ack! Gotta finish book #2.

5) When I'm lucky enough (time, money, etc) I get to spend time with friends and/or my bf. I especially love it when we can all get together, go into downtown Annapolis, and have a good time! They don't call it a drinking town w/a sailing problem for no reason! ;)

I also enjoying listening to music (humorous music, heavy metal, and renaissance festival-type music) and doing absolutely nothing. :)

My wife and I travel the world riding roller coasters. I call myself the "coaster atheist" in my head.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milst1/

Sounds like a lot of fun!

"I can stop playing Scrabble anytime I want."

Oh ya. I forgot one of my hobbies.

Splitting wood so I can heat my house time lapse.

Hobbies...

Artsy-fartsy things like drawing, painting, and shodo (Japanese calligraphy. I'm a novice.)--------Uhm, karaoke, writing, watching Western tv series... Doctor Who, Supernatural, and Glee mostly.... I am a Star Trek fan-- do PBE style RP with one of my friends back stateside.... Hm. I sew and crochet, too. Never did learn knitting, darn it. I used to do more graphics and also jewelry making... One of these days, I want to get into mold-making so I can cast my own dolls... I have a friend who is into asian ball jointed dolls... I'm more interested in the creative processes than the fandom that goes into that.

I can relate to convoy the (musical) cat:

Well, I'm never really "working", since I retired from gainful employment in 2006. When my retirement was approaching, I started wondering how I would spend those "golden years". I started thinking about how much I had enjoyed playing guitar in a rock & roll band during my high school and college years. When I graduated college in 1966, I put the guitar down, and turned my attention to grad school, career, and family. My guitar got stolen a year or two later, but since I didn't have time to play, I chalked it up as a loss and moved on. Somehow I went all the way through my "productive" years without playing music at all! 40 years later, I began to feel nostalgic for the musician experience, so I bought a cheap guitar and amp, and started re-learning the songs I used to play back in the '60s. Before too long, I recruited other musicians through Craigslist and formed an instrumental surf-rock band. That band was marginally successful for about 4 years, and then it was disbanded due to lack of interest. I recently joined a newly forming oldies band that plays R&B, Motown, and other great music from the 1950s through '70s. In this band I'm both guitarist and webmaster. I just finished putting together the band's new website, which includes some audio and video from our first gig about a week ago.

I invite you to check us out out at Philly Rock & Soul. On the "Music" page there are five audio clips and a video medley. If you like what you hear, please leave a message in our guestbook, which is at the bottom of the "About Us" page.

Bergen

Thanks Bergen! I like your website -- I'll leave a message in your guestbook.
Thanks, Steph!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Warren Jappe liked Grinning Cat's photo
9 minutes ago
Richard C Brown commented on Joan Denoo's blog post According to the Bible, God drowns, kills, slaughters, genocides, stones, burns, mauls, rapes, crushes, ....
15 minutes ago
Gila Guerilla replied to JanBodh's discussion Whats your take on what Gandhi ji said about "mysterious power that makes it self felt". I have felt it few times in my life, have you ?
26 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
27 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
31 minutes ago
Hunter Byrd joined Stephen Goldin's group
32 minutes ago
matthew greenberg replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
32 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion In Liberia Christian Churches blame gays for Ebola in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
32 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
34 minutes ago
Meri Weathers shared John Jubinsky's discussion on Google +1
36 minutes ago
Meri Weathers liked John Jubinsky's discussion Nose Nerve Cells Repair Man's Severed Spinal Cord
37 minutes ago
Meri Weathers shared Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion on Google +1
40 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service