Members worldwide should know which US rich men are the key players responsible for climate destabilization events they've experienced. If you haven't been personally hit by a record heat wave, drought, flood, superstorm or mega-wildfire, you will be hit by the rising food prices.

Fossil Fueled Extreme Weather and the Executives of Climate Change

When you get angry, as I am, think about Rex Tillerson, CEO of Exxon-Mobil, sitting in his air conditioned office with his feet up on the desk laughing as the world burns, today's version of Nero.

If you have 8 minutes, you can hear Tillerson say "We'll adapt to that" in this video from a few weeks ago.

Tags: Climate Destabilization, Executives of Climate Change

Views: 408

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't know the key players - thanks Ruth.

The Chinese and even Indians share much of the blame, too.

A great video, Ruth. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Ruth.

The Climate Denial Crock of the Week is always interesting. Check out their reports about wind and solar power.

Will check out that link Chris. Thanks.

Duane Elgin touches on what's missing in my discourse about Climate Destabilization. My language fails to convey adequate moral outrage. I never was good at ridicule or sarcasm, but he makes a case for them.

Global Warming and Carbon Dioxide Ethics

Humanity is converting the Earth into a gas chamber by pouring lethal amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

Within a matter of decades, vast areas of the Earth are expected to no longer support human habitation or the plants and animals that have lived there for millennia.

What are the ethics of irretrievably mutilating an entire planet? When will humanity express its moral outrage that it is wrong to devastate an entire planet for countless generations to come, just to satisfy the consumer desires of a fraction of humanity for a single lifetime?

This generation of humans is committing "eco-cide" or the murder of the Earth's environment.This means we are committing more than an unimaginable crime against future generations of humans: We are committing the murder of a large portion of the Earth's biosphere with all of her animals and plants.

This is runaway insanity!

What words are adequate to awaken ourselves? What is the expression of moral outrage that is equal to our suicidal destruction of the biosphere? Perhaps the penetrating language of Frederick Douglascan break through our malaise.

"At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed. O! Had I the ability, and could reach the nation's ear, I would today, pour out a fiery stream of biting ridicule, blasting reproach, withering sarcasm, and stern rebuke. For it is not light that is needed, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind, the earthquake. The feeling of the nation must be quickened; the conscience of the nation must be roused..."-- Frederick Douglass

...-- an "Earth Voice" movement that mobilizes the voice and conscience of the world's citizens through the global communications revolution. With new stories of our time of great transition supported by new tools of mass communication, we can cultivate a new level of collective consciousness that can transform our path of creating a gas chamber Earth into a path of sustainable prosperity. [emphasis mine]

Perhaps our tiny Atheist Nexus backwater of the internet will connect at some point with his new level of collective consciousness for sustainability. Meanwhile, though I'm not skilled at ridicule, I can encourage others to use it.

Every war the U.S. has been involved in since Bosnia has been poisoned with depleted uranium. That may take longer to dissipate than the climate damage being inflicted.

I agree that depleted uranium is an important way we're poisoning our planet, but so far it's been relatively localized compared to ocean acidification, for example. Still, among the horrors we bequeath to our descendents.

A video about Shell's hypocracy, contrasting their stated values in song with the destruction they visited in the Niger Delta over an area half as large as Florida.

Shell - We Are All Winners (except the Niger Delta) from Jantine Baasen on Vimeo.

Fewer humans would help!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service