I just talked to a troubled lady this morning and she revealed to me that her long-time husband had died recently.  Then she added that he had cancer, and was given a 6 month prognosis 10 years ago.  She said she was so blessed because god had given her all those extra years.  She also said that the he really suffered for the second half of those years.

????????????????? ??

?!

Just wanted to vent and see how often you encounter crazy shit like this.

Views: 482

Replies to This Discussion

The whole "God was really looking out for you" thing seems to have no parameters. I was in a terrible motorcycle accident. I broke my back and ribs. Punctured a lung and had to have a chest tube. Got pneumonia and peed blood for 3 weeks. Everyone, without exception told me how lucky I was and/or how God was really looking out for me. My mother had difficulty understanding, with such strong and personal evidence, how I could not believe!

Wow Edward what a horrible thing to have gone through!  I hope you are all healed and feeling fine!  How could anyone think you would be grateful for 'god' letting you survive, when 'he' let you get into that accident to begin with?!~ Melinda

Thanks booklover. I'm on the mend, but it has been hell. I just can't understand their logic. Hell, they would probably say the same thing to a rape victim. "Wow, God was really looking out for you. You could have gotten AIDS"

Glad you are on the mend Edward!  About the rape victim, exactly!  Or, if she got pregnant, they would say she would have to keep the babywhether she wanted to or not, because it was a 'blessing' from 'god.'  Like they would know what that woman felt like. Ugh!~ Melinda

Good point. The whole thing is strongly related a lack of empathy!

Or a lack of sanity.

The day my dad died (in 1985) some smarmy bitch said, "Well, he's in a better place now," and I yelled, "But I'M not!" 

(Actually, his ashes are in the ocean somewhere. I told my sister that if she outlives me, I don't mind if she just flushes my ashes down the loo.  But I really have already made arrangements. Why should anybody helse have to do it?)

As for being impregnated by a rapist, if for some reason abortion was not an option, I would do away with myself in a NYC minute.  Period.  I would feel so filthy....even though it was not my fault.  Just having that reminder growing inside me would be intolerable.

I'm so glad I'm old, and past that particular fear! 

"In a better place"  Hell, there aren't but two places... here and gone. Here is ALWAYS better

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that particular cliche' since then...spoken about other people, and even pets.  I've never hit anybody in my life, but I've been tempted.

"Howdja like a nice Californian Punch?"

*WHAM!*

Strong and personal evidence in modern medicine? :)  I believe!

Hear hear!

Glad you are doing better, Edward. that sounds awful.  I think you'd be well justified in saying, "If god had been looking out for me, I wouldn't have gotten into the fucking accident in the first place!"

Exactly, thank you!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service