I am neither a Starbucks customer (I don't like coffee, and I can't afford their other mdse.) nor gay, but I have plenty of friends who are one or the other, or both.  I am just in favor of all Americans having the same civil rights equally. 

We need to show our support for businessses large and small that have the guts to publicly stand up to the Religious Wrong.

Please sign the "Thank You" card at the link below:

-------------------------------------------

EMAIL TO FORWARD:

Starbucks stuck its neck out to publicly support the right of all people to marry, regardless of the gender of their partner.

Now it is under attack by the ironically-named, ultra-conservative "National Organization for Marriage." Already over 18,000 NOM members have pledged to boycott Starbucks.

Let's blow the right wing out of the water -- join me in signing a giant Thank You card to Starbucks.

Already over 200,000 consumers have signed the card. If we get to 250,000, SumOfUs.org members will deliver it to Starbucks executives in person -- they'll even wear giant Starbucks cup costumes! -- to give them moral support to keep standing up for equality.

NOM is targeting Starbucks because the company recently stood up publicly to support gay marriage legislation in their home state of Washington. When it passed, the bill's lead sponsor said that support from business convinced moderate legislators to vote for it. Without support from companies like Starbucks, the gay marriage law might have failed.

Now, if Starbucks backtracks because of opposition, then it will set the gay rights struggle back to a time when big corporations couldn't come out and support gay people for fear of public backlash. Even worse, it will embolden anti-gay activists to target other companies that support gay rights, and serve as a lesson to other companies to stay out of the fight for equal rights entirely.

Let's show that supporting equal rights is good business: Click her...

Thanks!

More Information:

Starbucks' statement in support of gay marriage
The Montreal Gazette, Business playing key role in U.S. drive for gay marriage, 22 March 2012

SumOfUs is a world-wide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy. You can follow us on Twitter, and like us on Facebook.

Views: 132

Replies to This Discussion

I love coffee, but Starbucks is a little too rich for my daily grind. However, 5 bucks for a cup every now and then for a good cause is doable. I think I'll get a cup tomorrow. Signing the card now...

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I stop in the Starbuck's on campus every now and then for a scone or a hot chocolate. This is a good enough to reason to remain a customer and I work for a very liberal university...I think I'll share this with a bunch of people I work with. Friends and coworkers will sign and I'm sure they will celebrate by giving Starbuck's more business :)

Thanks to all who signed and forwarded the petition.  I am so fed up with the arrogance of the Religious Wrong on so many issues that I sometimes want to break things...but then I'd just have to clean up after myself.

A friend forwarded this to me today...

Makes sense to me.

Great quote, sk8eycat! I signed too, but I'm not a customer.

Unfortunately, that isn't in your photos, so I can't "like" it.

Oh.  Should I put it in my profile photos?  It was something I got that was Pasted to an email from a friend.

I think I want to make a placard/poster of a quote about anger:

"Remember that anger is always - always - fear in drag." Spider Robinson

So what are all those Westboro Bapshits afraid of, huh?

Yes, that makes lots of sense! (Even if you prefer ice cream to donuts, but aren't supposed to have any sweets.)

I came up with a version here in my photos that people can "like".

Great presentation of a great quote. Thanks, GrinningCat.

I love Starbucks! I go there almost everyday for coffee! I also make coffee at home. I love coffee. Anyways .. I just signed the petition. Thanks for the post!

I also signed the petition. I thank Starbucks exactly as I thank J.C. Penney for doing the right thing.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service