So we can picture you sitting at the table with us, how about telling us your favorite food and drink?

I'm Ruth and you'll find me eating a cup of vanilla Greek yogurt, constantly refilling my teacup from a gigantic pot of hot green tea. (I share, you're welcome to some tea. :D)

Tags: favorite, food

Views: 841

Replies to This Discussion

I wasn't sure if I had responded to this already.  My favorite food is barbecued pork, or any kind of pasta.  Also, sweet potato fries are tasty.  And, I love Thai food.  And chocolate cake.  I could go on and on.  I like too many different kinds of food. 

As far as drinks go, I like well made cappuccinos, and black tea lemonade.  I also like wheat beer.  I like water.  I can drink regular coffee, preferably a dark roast, with cream and sugar.  I like warm apple cider, and hot chocolate.

Hi, I'm Brian, atheist since 1954 when my 4th grade teacher told us we had to add "under god" to the pledge and I started to think about that.  (A precociously anti-authoritarian brat, I was.)  My reading and thinking over the last 55 years has but confirmed that youthful decision.  I'm totally "out" in Buffalo, N.Y., wearing atheist and anti-religion t and sweat shirts all the time.  A retired high school teacher of English, I delight in being yore basik speling and grammer natsi.

My basic food groups are cheap whiskey and cigars.

Oh boi! Im in trubble! Seriously though, I'm also someone who likes asking questions. Like Socrates, an difficult so-and-so who gets on peoples nerves by challenging their fixed ideas.
Being one of the 2 people on the planet who does not drink coffee (aside from the Mormons) I usually go for a tea and lemonade mix. If it's nighttime, there might be a smidge of vodka :) There would of course be homemade ham and mushroom lasagna. My mother got the recipe when my dad was stationed in Italy, No one I know has ever heard of it, and when my mom makes it people hound her for the recipe. She also got a recipe from 2 Swedish ladies for stuffed bell peppers that would be ok too :)

Tea and Lemonade mix...that's awesome.  I love it.

Hmmm...well if it's before 5:00PM, and we're at a coffee shop or cafe where the barrista knows what they're doing, I'll have a small, double, vanilla latte or two.  After 5, I'll have a pint (or three) of imperial stout or a glass of single malt scotch. 

As a friend of mine put it: "You only know that you've had enough coffee when you can thread a sewing machine without it stopping"!

I'm a devout carnivore, steak and chips please.

Hi! A nice green salad and a juicy steak are what I like to eat, but you'll usually find me with a pint of Guinness. Skol!

Thanks for the invite! It's hard to pin it down to one food and drink, so I'll put a new favorite for each, both of which should be consumed in moderation.

* Preacher's collar (a beer blend combining Belgian beer and pear cider, I ordered it mostly for its name but was pleasantly surprised)

* Peanut butter Snickers (what could be better than peanut butter, chocolate, nougat, and caramel all rolled into one?)

I'll have to try out some of the other foods mentioned in the thread!

I'm a Brit so tea is a given. I love most (real) tea so long as it does not smell like Jade's handbag litter. I love good Darjeeling and am now trying to figure out how to get through some lapsing soughing which can't spell and my spellcheck has burped over too. It's the one that tastes a bit like someone put a cigar out in the cup before you.

I'm on a seafood diet. I see food and eat it.

I am a little eccentric even by Brit standards and prone to "black dog" as Churchill called it so I make fun of myself at every opportunity just to clear the haze.

Yeah, I'm eccentric by ANY standard and also prone to nasty bites from the "black dog."  I sympathize, empathize, and encourage keepin' on keepin' on, as they used to say.

If I can't mock and sneer at it, is it important?

Hey there!!  My name's Max!

I'd definitely have a Kilkenny.  If we're at a coffee shop maybe a London Fog!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service