I have been severely sleep deprived for a number of years, & cancer treatment didn't help it at all when I had to deal with that.

I have now been ''officially'' diagnosed but have bad reactions to prescription meds & don't know what else to try. So far I do the same routine rituals, bath, cool quiet room, ''sleep music'', hot milk, hot milk with brandy, chamomile tea, herbal valerian, melatonin, etc.

The dr. says I need a minimum of 6-8 hours straight solid sleep per 24 hours, but the most I can ever get is 2-4 of restless non-refreshing sleep, which after 10+ years is definitely not enough. Fibromyalgia contributes to the non-refreshing part.

Has anyone ever successfully solved this issue?

Views: 357

Replies to This Discussion

Luara, this sounds dreadful! Do you still those effect on your system? The human body has so many things going on and the brain ... oh my goodness, count every good moment one has, who knows what will erupt next. 

In any event, Luara, I hope you feel rested, healthy and find great joy in your days. 

I haven't had severe hyperthyroidism for a long time - at worst, insomnia from being hyperthyroid that's worst in the small hours when the thyroid peaks. 

I'm a ways from great joy - I would like to get to where I have a life again, rather than just slogging along.  I'm chronically ill from allergies. 

It isn't scary like cancer, it won't kill me anytime soon.  But what it does is to take away my mental energy, creativity and physical energy somewhat too.  It does a partial killing. 

No solution, but I find the lower the temperature, the better I sleep.  I've had my bedroom as low as 55 F and liked it, although from what I've read, 60-70 F is recommended.  The latest thing I read in "Huff post UK lifestyles" said we sleep best between 60 and 64 F, keeping the temperature constant all night:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/17/hard-to-wake-up-morning_...

Been there, done that, still do.

UPDATE............

I ordered a portable cd player, sleep headphones, & several cd's specifically for delta wave sleep. They all finally arrived from amazon & ebay, so have been trying them out for the last 5 nights in bed. I have been getting some sleep.....not good quality, or enough yet......but it's a start, & the cd's all come with a money back guaranty after 3 months trial. Early days yet, but I think this is a positive so far. 

Patricia, I surely hope they work for you. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service