In Fresno, California, people gather to witness the miracle of a tree which they claim ‘weeps God’s tears.’ According to experts though, the miracle they are witnessing is the tree dripping with bug excrement. . …

......holy shit

Tags: Bug_shit

Views: 76

Replies to This Discussion

Positive proof!!!!!......of worshiping crap!!!!

Honey dew is actually not really as vile as the fact that it comes from bug bums would suggest.  When bees collect it, it makes the best honey of all.  Also, and odd connection between one false god and another, Zeus was said to drink it as an infant when he was being hid from his father.

I knew that ants ate honeydew from bug bums. Didn't know about bees. Thanks for the factoid.

How do they know it wasn't giving up sap?  They could go to Vermont or Canada and see weeping maples every spring.  Oh, wait, it's the people seeing God in trees who are saps.

Dumbasses at their dumbest.

So even after the expert scientist comes along and explains that the "weeping" is just an ordinary natural event, the woman is still sticking to her guns and saying it is a miraculous sign from god. What a freakin' moron. **Facepalm** Does this kind of unshakable belief fall into a mental disorder category? I mean, REALY. I just don't understand the thought process.

Apparently we humans are very prone to stubbornly hold on to beliefs which are emotionally charged, in the face of contrary evidence. Decades, so many decades ago, I learned of a study in which a graduate student dressed as a magician and pretended to bend spoons for an undergraduate class. He had them participate, concentrating their "mental energy" on the spoon with him and chanting "Bend!" over and over. Then, after the demonstration the professor explained it was all a hoax, this was just a grad student in a costume, and demonstrated the spoon bending trick. A large percentage refused to believe it was a hoax. They were sure they had bent the spoon, because they "felt it". This false belief continued to be a permanent idea and important experience for those participants when they were tested again many weeks later. Thus began my interest in the way our minds are unsuited for reason and clear thinking.

"Take from the church the miraculous, the supernatural, the incomprehensible, the unreasonable, the impossible, the unknowable, the absurd and nothing but a vacuum remains."

~ Robert G. Ingersoll

Probulos, I. M. (2012-12-03). Over 365 Quotations for Atheists Agnostics and Secular Humanists (Quote Books) (Kindle Locations 350-352). I. M. Probuluos. Kindle Edition.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
15 minutes ago
Profile Iconunrealdummy, Jack Jackson, Debbie Short and 4 more joined Atheist Nexus
48 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
59 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
1 hour ago
booklover replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to dr kellie's discussion what boobs are good for in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Carl Sagan's Cosmos
1 hour ago
Grinning Cat replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
1 hour ago
Amanda Ashcraft posted a video
My Loot Crate just made my day today. Small little pick me ups right when I need one. :) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203923636523049&l=6942591917367135588
1 hour ago
sflmac replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
2 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Pete Matthews's status
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service