The smoke near my son's workplace 8 a.m. today. Northern BC

The fire from my daughter's driveway yesterday, & gaining ground last night. Southern BC. 

I hope she & her family got off their praying knees & got the hell out!

We haven't heard anything yet today!

Views: 64

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like you are prepared in case of emergency. Do you have your landscape designed to reduce fire risk? 

Laura lives in the middle of a forest and they have a lot green lawn to maintain with no shrubs or trees near the buildings. They also have a flame retardant that they can spray on their buildings if a fire threatens. It is applied with a garden hose. I don't know how effective it is, but since Larry is a fire commissioner, and Laura is a firefighter, as are Michelle, Jared, and Zac, they pay attention to such details. They put the kids to work clearing the green space. 

There are 2 lilac bushes & 2 trees in the front yard but not too close to the house, along with those 2 that my husband has been at war with the neighbors over, but nothing in the backyard other than 1 lilac. Both my kids in BC are pretty closely forested. My eldest son lives in Saskatchewan so I doubt he's close to much. Haven't heard from him & his phone is not in service so wrote a snailmail. He's not on computer.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service