The smoke near my son's workplace 8 a.m. today. Northern BC

The fire from my daughter's driveway yesterday, & gaining ground last night. Southern BC. 

I hope she & her family got off their praying knees & got the hell out!

We haven't heard anything yet today!

Views: 77

Replies to This Discussion

In general reason prevails, even if factor religion delays a bit the conclusion.

Gracious! I didn't know B.C. was having wildfires too. Hope all is well with the fam.

I'm glad to hear they are safe and the fire is contained. Sorry to hear about the smoke inhalation.

British Columbia forest fires have not been in the news here. I've been reading about lots of forest fires further north in Canada. Is the lower red dot on the left the fire in BC?

Patricia, thanks for the maps. That lightning storm that passed through Spokane several days ago left a lot of hotspots. I am glad you are not close to one. The smoke is bad enough. I don't know how I would do if I lost my home. 

Patricia, this is just dreadful! Were homes consumed in this fire? With street lights on at 8 AM, and smoke billowing, it must be terrifying. What would you put in your car if you had three minutes warning? That is what happened in the Carlton Complex fire. The winds shifting made matter worse. 

Sounds like you are prepared in case of emergency. Do you have your landscape designed to reduce fire risk? 

Laura lives in the middle of a forest and they have a lot green lawn to maintain with no shrubs or trees near the buildings. They also have a flame retardant that they can spray on their buildings if a fire threatens. It is applied with a garden hose. I don't know how effective it is, but since Larry is a fire commissioner, and Laura is a firefighter, as are Michelle, Jared, and Zac, they pay attention to such details. They put the kids to work clearing the green space. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service