Earth 100 Million Years From Now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGcDed4xVD4
It is far too easy to assume the Earth has always existed as it exists now. There is nothing like a couple of good courses in geology to learn the only constant, change, occurs slowly over time or catastrophically in a sudden jolt. The slow changes require only adaptability, however, catastrophic change can devastate an individual and continents.
The trick, it seems to me, is to live each moment with full gusto, taking on those people and things that interest you and sloughing off those that don't. Reach inside for your moral compass and pay attention to the consequences of words and deeds. Live life according to your own lights, listen to ideas from others and chart your own course. You are alive not to please others; you exist to be all that you are. Your instruction manual resides within you.

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

It's difficult to understand why it took so long for plate tectonics to catch on. I understand that it wasn't accepted theory until the 1960's. Scientific snobbery was partially to blame.

Chris G. I remember so well the quarrels taking place about tectonic plates, both from the general public and from other scientists. What is the old saying?

"First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you. And that, is what is going to happen to the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America."
~ Nicholas Klein, 1914 address to the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America in Baltimore

Great video, Joan. Thanks!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service