Early Black Friday Sales Starts turn Thanksgiving into Black Thursday

Last year I posted about the new Black Thursday.
Looks like it is on again this year as well.

Will you avoid the shopping?

New early 8pm Black Friday sales start time on Thanksgiving Day trigger controversy and petitions.

Nov 13 2012, 6:01am CST | by Luigi Lugmayr

Black Friday Sales have been creeping into Thanksgiving Day over the last years. This year marks yet another shift to earlier Black Friday sales start times. Last year it was 10pm Thanksgiving Day...

Read the rest here.

Views: 154

Replies to This Discussion

I wouldn't be too hard on the nurse. She's probably mostly driven by a need to show her love for relatives and friends through gifts. Remember that for some people gift giving is their primary Love Language (Gary Chapman). When money's short, this elaborate effort could be an extraordinary attempt to do the very best she can to express her gratitude and love. Not everyone is just driven by greed or a need to own stuff.

She's well integrated into the consumer culture in which she lives.

While I echew those values I can have some sympathy for people in their grip.

Wow! She goes through all that Tony? It sounds like she made it a job. Yuck!

There is a Change.Org online petition you can sign against Target doing this. I did.

http://www.change.org/petitions/target-take-the-high-road-and-save-...

Thank you John I will follow the link and sign.

I would never shop on Black Thursday or Friday.  I hate rampant consumerism. Ugh.

I agree Booklover! Consumerism!

My wife and I haven't spent one Christmas together in 20 yrs.  She chooses to work (Double time +Holiday pay).  I am behind her 100%!  She works in a nursing home in activities (She gets to play)!!  Spending time w/ the elderly trumps ANY materialistic crap!  Why celebrate when they all converge on each other and the advertising gets so confusing, you loose interest and the result is just another day!  Besides our favorite holiday is Halloween!!  We enjoy scaring people!!

My favorite holiday is Halloween too!! I like the fun of it.

Sounds like a great plan Joseph!

When it reaches Black Halloween, at least the name will be more appropriate.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Warren Jappe replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Huckabee wants to fire atheists working for the government
2 minutes ago
Grinning Cat liked Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Tenured Professor shouts "Fire!" in crowded theatre
8 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Huckabee wants to fire atheists working for the government
10 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to MattyLJ's discussion Ever had a family member die
10 minutes ago
Don commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
19 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
19 minutes ago
Neanderthal Man posted a video

Leæther Strip - A whore for Jesus

Leæther Strip – A Whore for Jesus "I hope that all will understand that no matter what anyone may say you are created equal; you do not have to surrender you...
20 minutes ago
Idaho Spud commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
21 minutes ago
Warren Jappe replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Huckabee wants to fire atheists working for the government
24 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to MattyLJ's discussion Ever had a family member die
25 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Huckabee wants to fire atheists working for the government
40 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to James M. Martin's discussion Because Men and Women Had Shameful Same Sex Lusts, God Created Them as Gay and Lesbian (Please Pick Me Up Off the Floor When I Quit Laughing)
41 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service