Early Black Friday Sales Starts turn Thanksgiving into Black Thursday

Last year I posted about the new Black Thursday.
Looks like it is on again this year as well.

Will you avoid the shopping?

New early 8pm Black Friday sales start time on Thanksgiving Day trigger controversy and petitions.

Nov 13 2012, 6:01am CST | by Luigi Lugmayr

Black Friday Sales have been creeping into Thanksgiving Day over the last years. This year marks yet another shift to earlier Black Friday sales start times. Last year it was 10pm Thanksgiving Day...

Read the rest here.

Views: 154

Replies to This Discussion

I don't do holiday shopping or gift exchanges. My husband and I don't exchange gifts, but will sometimes bring home little gifts when we see something the other one might like. I already sent my mother a gift that I bought online so I'm done for the year. Material goods don't show love. My husband makes me feel loved every day of the year....no piece of jewelry is worth more than that!

Pamela, that is such a true statement.Thanks for replying to my discussion.

You have a wonderful hubby.

Material goods don't show love.

Next time you hear a Christian refer to the Jewish zombie as the "Reason for the Season," you might want to mention the frenzied greed as exhibited by mobs pouring through Costco and WalMart for useless crap. This, to me, is the current reason for the season - guilting the rubes to spend their hard earned dough on needless junk so the company can close out their fiscal year in the black. The merchants will keep pushing this idiocy until Christmas sales start on July 5th.

Right Pat. Next year they might start Black "Friday" on Wednesday.

I've heard that "Reason for the Season" crap and it irks me. We know that materialism in the true reason for the season.

It's all about getting you to spend more money.

I guess I'm still a stodgy old engineer.  Here I thought the 23.5 degree tilt of the earth on its rotational axis was the "reason for the season."

Silly me.

Kinda like this, huh Loren.

I love that Tony!

Ba-da-bing...

lol Loren.  You are correct! :)

I have a friend I work with, a nurse, who is planning for Black Thursday/Friday like Ike planned the D-Day invasion. She goes on endlessly about it, actually trading days, even a few hours off so she can hit this store at such a time, that store another. Is travelling up to 75 miles for one place. Having an abreviated dinner with her family, sending her eldest daughter and son to different stores to stay in line for her. She is carrying all the circulars with her, pulling them out when she gets a free moment to plan some more. We all look at her like 'wtf ?' but she just plows ahead. Unbelievable.

Hmm, obsessed much?

like Ike planned the D-Day invasion - I started laughing my rear end off, until I realized how pathetically sad that really is. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service