now i know dreams are not prophetic, but they can be representative of the subconcious/non-verbal mind. so i'm gonna post a dream i had and ask for discussion if that's okay.

I had a dream last night, i was tied with my hands above my head, in a run-down shack. I was being flogged by a dirty old red-neck while he
and two others made fun of me and laughed at horrific things happening on a TV. He was not only standing and flogging me but sitting on a
couch with the others, in two places at once. One of the other two was a smaller version of the man and the last was invisible. In front of the
three of them were place settings that were in order, a rat, a teddy bear, and a puppy, and they were all alive, pinned through what was left of
their abdomens, on their back to the table. I say "what was left of", because their bellies had been scooped out, cooked, and replaced. They were
all in obvious distress as the men ate of them, but the rat was attempting to eat what was in his belly, the teddy bear was playing with it, and
i'm not sure what the puppy was doing. They offered some to me and when i was repulsed they laughed harder and began flogging me again.
At some point i began trying to escape. In order to do so i turned into a woman, not sure why or how but i did and i was naked running
through an office building and when i got ahead enough, i ducked into an office and i knew the lock would keep him out. And i also knew that
when i was discovered in the morning may nakedness could be explained by what had happened to me. Then i woke up.

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

I've been watching documentaries about economic theory lately.

This one is interesting.
I don't like the reference to the (biblical) four horseman, but it is interesting none the less and is worth watching to see a different narrative than the one seen on national  news.
Chris

Four Horsemen.
Published on Sep 13, 2013
FOUR HORSEMEN is an award winning independent feature documentary which lifts the lid on how the world really works.

As we will never return to 'business as usual' 23 international thinkers, government advisors and Wall Street money-men break their silence and explain how to establish a moral and just society.

FOUR HORSEMEN is free from mainstream media propaganda -- the film doesn't bash bankers, criticise politicians or get involved in conspiracy theories. It ignites the debate about how to usher a new economic paradigm into the world which would dramatically improve the quality of life for billions.

"It's Inside Job with bells on, and a frequently compelling thesis thanks to Ashcroft's crack team of talking heads -- economists, whistleblowers and Noam Chomsky, all talking with candour and clarity." - Total Film

"Four Horsemen is a breathtakingly composed jeremiad against the folly of Neo-classical economics and the threats it represents to all we should hold dear."
- Harold Crooks, The Corporation (Co-Director) Surviving Progress (Co-Director/Co-Writer)

Follow us on https://www.twitter.com/RenegadeEcon
on https://www.facebook.com/RenEconomist
or visit our website http://www.renegadeeconomist.com

Support us by subscribing here http://bit.ly/1db4xVQ

Also you can check our shop at http://www.renegadeeconomist.com/info...

The link to the documentary is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fbvquHSPJU

It might not help with your dream, but is interesting none the less.

i always ignore people who try to sell me stuff. sorry if this is rude, but i was looking for a psychological discussion about dreams. I've read some Carl Jung and also  Simund Freud but i'm not well educated in this relm that i have great interest in and love discussing. each of these psychoanalists had interesting things to say about dreams and i would like to explore what the community thinks on this subject. do you have an interesting angle on the dream i described? have you had a dream that was interesting and told you more about yourself? would you like to know how i read my dream? am i in the wrong place to discuss this altogether?

Well Jon, If my uncle wasn't retired from his job as a Psychologist (he specialized in reading dreams), he could help you.  If I had a dream like that I would seek out professional advice!

ha ya i know it sounds disturbing, but i have a pretty good idea of what it means, i think, and it came at the end of my realization that im an atheist. i've written a few paragraphs on it. I'm happier now as a non believer than I ever have been. I'm including what I wrote if anyone is interested but I still like hearing alternative ideas if you have any.
Attachments:

Why not Sweet Dreams ?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Freethinker31 replied to matthew greenberg's discussion ok, can atheists please stop voting for Republicans now?
6 minutes ago
Jerry Wesner replied to matthew greenberg's discussion ok, can atheists please stop voting for Republicans now?
18 minutes ago
Cyn X posted a blog post
59 minutes ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Back from an AMAZING Cars & Coffee event. Tons of amazing machines and some neat folks to talk to!"
59 minutes ago
"Back from an AMAZING Cars & Coffee event. Tons of amazing machines and some neat folks to talk to!"
59 minutes ago
59 minutes ago
Patricia commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
1 hour ago
sk8eycat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
1 hour ago
BIPLAB DAS commented on BIPLAB DAS's blog post A 9 year old girl was mentally tortured after being accused as witch.
1 hour ago
BIPLAB DAS commented on BIPLAB DAS's blog post A 9 year old girl was mentally tortured after being accused as witch.
1 hour ago
sk8eycat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
2 hours ago
Luara replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service