Sometimes it's hard to know where to start when you don't know anyone yet. Here are a few possible topics to consider for discussions:

These are a few of my favorite things (stuff I love)

Hello Kitty/Hello Doggie (pets)

My creative side

Inner child (silly pictures, juvenile antics, costumes, derp, etc.)

I'm proud of this

I hate it when

My bad day

My great day

My weekend in 4 words and a picture

My success (personal milestones)

Oops! (bumps in life, we promise not to ridicule)

Join our welcome wagon (volunteer to welcome a few new Atheist Nexus members in comments, and  invite them to join us with a description and a link) Or invite your friends. Tell us how many people you invited. :D

This troubles me...

I'm afraid of...

A meaningful moment

Wish I could do-over

Showing Off

In my neighborhood you can...

Why don't I just start topics, you ask? Well... if you were curious and visited the group, would you stay if it seemed to be full of clones?

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

The missing word above was "clones." I'd hotlinked a picture which had clones, but the host apparently wasn't cooperative.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the difference between light topics like "fun facts about me" and serious personal topics, when someone has a life-changing story to share. It seems to me that such stories deserve their own discussions. Light topics make sense to have lots of people sharing, but when someone has another story to tell that's important to them, even if it was inspired by a personal story, start a new topic. What do you think?

These are great ideas.  I wish I had seen this when I joined.  : )

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service