Thirsty Plants Text For Help

Interactive telecommunications researchers designed a soil-moisture sensor device that can allow a house plant to communicate with its owner. The device can send short messages to a mobile phone or, by using a service called Twitter, it can send short messages to the Internet. The messages can range from reminders to water the plant, a thank you or a warning that you over- or under-watered it. (Sorry I couldn't embed the video. I recommend you skip to 29 seconds)

There's a catch.

Each device has to be assembled from basic parts. Each Botanicalls kit is $99.

At that price it makes more sense to me to use Botanicalls for agriculture, so irrigated farmer's fields can text them.

Tags: houseplants, texting

Views: 72

Replies to This Discussion

So it's an expensive toy for people who are too stupid to look at their own plants... 

That sounds about right.

Anything to make money.

There are plant lovers who haven't got a green thumb. Most of them can't invest the money and effort this solution demands, though. I recommend Cast Iron Plant. It makes up half of my houseplants. Overwater, underwater, little light, lots of light, heat, or cold - these things just keep going.

They're supposed to be tropical. I threw one out in my back garden last Fall and the damned thing grew up there in Spring. It was a mild winter.

(Picture isn't my plant.)

This is a cheaper and easier solution.

Of course, not everyone has got a green thumb, I surely haven't. But I make a difference by looking at my plants, by checking water, light and humidity and I always find out from the internet what my plants prefer and what their natural habitat is.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion And Now, for Something Totally New in Televangelism - Televangelist pastor accused of forcing vasectomies and abortions on church members
1 minute ago
Sentient Biped replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion And Now, for Something Totally New in Televangelism - Televangelist pastor accused of forcing vasectomies and abortions on church members
4 minutes ago
Sentient Biped commented on Joan Denoo's blog post 10 Ways to Stop Feeling Overworked and Overwhelmed BY JEFF HADEN
6 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
6 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
8 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to chares martel's discussion Would you rather America won the Vietnam War?
8 minutes ago
jay H replied to Just a Voice's discussion Is consciousness nothing more than a veneer of our biological underpinnings?
11 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion In Liberia Christian Churches blame gays for Ebola in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
18 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Joan Denoo's blog post According to the Bible, God drowns, kills, slaughters, genocides, stones, burns, mauls, rapes, crushes, ....
21 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
24 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion And Now, for Something Totally New in Televangelism - Televangelist pastor accused of forcing vasectomies and abortions on church members
28 minutes ago
Deidre replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
30 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service