2012 Saw 362 All-Time Record High Temperatures In U.S. But Zero All...

As Joe Romm summarized it

This was the year where winter was like spring.

Then spring was like summer.

Finally summer was something from the Dust Bowl era.

So what will 2013 hold for us?

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

Well, no, I don't "like" it and I do like having access to this information. I remember more snow when I was a kid, and the data confirms my subjective impression. 

Thank you Ruth for your discussion on climate change.

I thought it seemed much hotter here.

Northern Illinois was definitely much hotter than usual.  We used to have 4 distinct seasons, and it was fun.  Not so anymore.  They blend into each other.  We used to be sure to be able to go sledding in Winter, now it's not a sure thing.  We used to be sure we could swim outside in Summer, now we don't know if it'll be hot or cold!  Scary stuff being unsure of things that effect so many aspects of our lives.

Speaking of seasons blending into each other. It's Jan 12th and our front garden has a couple of plants growing new leaves, crocuses coming up, and bright green grass.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo posted blog posts
20 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Human Genome 45,000 years old reconstructed in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
29 minutes ago
Future commented on Čenek Sekavec's blog post What is your favorite bible verse?
31 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Human Genome 45,000 years old reconstructed
32 minutes ago
jlaz replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
50 minutes ago
jlaz replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
55 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s group Godless in the garden
58 minutes ago
sk8eycat commented on Former Pastor's blog post Divorcing The Church
58 minutes ago
59 minutes ago
booklover replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
59 minutes ago
booklover replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service