With such a great variety of places to eat and drink here, I thought we could make a list to share everyone’s’ favorite places.

Tags: Hawaii, drinks, food

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Side Street Inn
1225 Hopaka St.
Honolulu, HI 96814
Ph 591-0253

Really good food, the prices are a bit high, but that’s because the portions are big, its family style so you should go with a group of people. Don’t forget to try the Pork Chops and Fried Rice.
Amuse Wine Bar (Honolulu Design Center, second floor)
www.amusewinebar.com
4:30-10:30 p.m. daily
1250 Kapiolani Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96814
Ph 237-5428

Great place to sample wine.
Gyu-kaku is across the street too.
Henry Loui’s2850 Paa St.
Honolulu, HI 96819
Ph 833-3728

Nice little restaurant karaoke bar.
These all seem like good choices. I would favor the Honolulu Design Center location, just because I have never been there. :-)
Hey Mike. Yeah the Amuse Wine Bar would probably be the best place to talk story; the other two places can get a little noisy at times. My last day on swing shift is next Thursday (Getting off Friday morning), Saturday night I have family plans, but I should be free most other evenings, what’s your schedule like? I’ll shoot an e-mail to the other two guys who showed an interest in getting together to see what’s up with them.
Well, there's not a lot of options in Hilo, and this probably isn't helpful to many people (being that it is in Hilo, and anyone who goes to Hilo probably knows about it already), but Cafe Pesto is one of the few places I actually enjoy going out to eat. Expensive (like everything else in Hawaii) but very good.

The "Fresh Catch Stromboli and Seafood Combo" is something I still dream about at night.

Encore is pretty good for just regular Japanese food. Not so much for sushi, but for noodles, tempura, etc. And they have incredible desserts that I usually end up taking home.
Hey Kaimana, thanks for the posting, this is exactly the kind of restaurant information I was looking for. It’s been a bit more than a few years since I’ve been to the Big Island, but now when I go back, I’ll definitely know where to go.
JJ Dolan's on Bethel street in Downtown is pretty good. Great Pizzas, and good selection of beers. You also can't go wrong with the beers at bar 35.

As far as eateries, I second Side street Inn, but would also recommend The Shack.
I can't believe I forgot to put the seafood buffet at the Hilo Hawaiian hotel on here. $30 per person sounds a little pricey, but it's really very good. I only went once (when my mom was visiting, and paying for my meals) but I distinctly remember very good ahi sashimi, and some kind of very good poke. Which, at a buffet, is quite nice. Also, crab, shrimp, etc. I'm pretty sure it's only on Fridays and Saturdays, or maybe just one of those nights, and the other night is a different buffet.
If you guys like Thai food, you should check out Kookie’s Thai Kitchen, 1326 Middle St, by Fort Shafter. The beef waterfall salad is out of this world and if you really like spicy, try the green papaya salad. The only bad part is that parking kind of sucks, they only have four parking stalls behind the restaurant so most of the time you need to look for street parking. But the food makes the parking hassle worth it.
Kunio Restaurant in the Waikele Shopping Center has some really good japanese food. I had the sushi, butter fish and hot sweet sake, it was really good.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Luara replied to Travis Hedglin's discussion Whats the deal with feminism?
5 minutes ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
11 minutes ago
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
11 minutes ago
11 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to Shaun Johnston's discussion Critical review of Darwin's "Origin..." 6th edition posted in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
53 minutes ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
sk8eycat commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
3 hours ago
Mequa replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Chimp-on-chimp murder. Humans are not the only violent species.
3 hours ago
sk8eycat commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
3 hours ago
Plinius replied to Travis Hedglin's discussion Whats the deal with feminism?
4 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
4 hours ago
Travis Hedglin replied to Travis Hedglin's discussion Whats the deal with feminism?
4 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service