"
For 2013–2014, we are forecasting a winter that will experience below average temperatures for about two-thirds of the nation. A large area of below-normal temperatures will predominate from roughly east of the Continental Divide to the Appalachians, north and east through New England. Coldest temperatures will be over the Northern Plains on east into the Great Lakes. Only for the Far West and the Southeast will there be a semblance of winter temperatures averaging close to normal, but only a few areas will enjoy many days where temperatures will average above normal."

The “Days of Shivery” are Back! Read Our 2014 Forecast!
http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2013/08/25/2014-us-winter-for...

Perhaps the NW will be spared.
Patricia, This forecast is for the United States. For the Canadian forecast, click their link.

The Farmers’ Almanac outrageous forecast: a frigid, snowy winter and stormy Super Bowl
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/08...

http://www.almanac.com/sites/new.almanac.com/files/postcard_us_weat...

Views: 70

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

We get the almanac forecasts on our news quite regularly.

Joan,

Do you recall about past years' predictions?  I haven't followed the Farmers' Almanac.  Is it reliable?

This could be a good test - following this year and see what happens.

This morning a loud thunderstorm awakened me.  Rare in the maritime Pacific NW.  Thunderstorms always inspire, in me,a sense of awe.

Daniel, we have been worried about the wet spring, a short dry summer and now dry thunder storms threatening to set fire to the grasses and dying timber. Laura and Larry and their family work hard to educate the public that have homes in the forest and then hope everyone paid attention.
I don't follow the Farmer's Almanac, except for just the gardener's hints. As to weather, I don't pay attention ... or rather, I read it and then forget what it said. This year it seems important to take notice and see if predictions and reality match.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo shared their discussion on Twitter
16 minutes ago
Joan Denoo added a discussion to the group Eco-Logical: A Group for Environmentalists
16 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to roland707's discussion Are known atheists more likely to be convicted of violent crimes?
32 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to roland707's discussion Are known atheists more likely to be convicted of violent crimes?
36 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck commented on Deidre32's blog post Pascal's Wager -- Your Fate is a Crapshoot
43 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Steph S.'s discussion As An Atheist Can Your Life Have Purpose and Meaning?
44 minutes ago
Plinius replied to roland707's discussion Are known atheists more likely to be convicted of violent crimes?
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Sentient Biped's discussion DNA testing gives more history of paleo-Eskimos in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo liked Sentient Biped's discussion DNA testing gives more history of paleo-Eskimos
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to roland707's discussion Are known atheists more likely to be convicted of violent crimes?
2 hours ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark commented on Deidre32's blog post Pascal's Wager -- Your Fate is a Crapshoot
2 hours ago
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service