or do you think they will claim something elts and say it must have had a different meaning? hmmmm thoughts?

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

It's up in the air for what will happen. It could turn out like the seventh day adventist. If you don't know their history look it up. It's quite humorous how they started out.
I sure hope so it would be a mass awakening from mass hysteria. OMG could you imagine the world would be such a better place- less nut jobs... more progress as a society.

Well considering the entire theory is from the Mayan books, I don't think much will change. Personally they will most likely just claim it's "Gods will" that we all lived and beat their religious scripture of choice with an added vigor come January 1st 2013. HOPEFULLY people will start to see it's all bullshit though or at least tell the Extremists to pipe down and will no longer fall for the whole "doomsday" scam AGAIN.

Also I'd like to point out that the Mayans believed the world ended 4 times before and that this is the 5th Earth. They had the same type of calender we have today, the 5th of March comes and goes every year no matter what. It seems to me that in their own way the Maya had a sense that History repeats itself, possibly why they choose an exact date for the world to end.

2012 could just be the end as we know it - meaning massive change in a the course of 365 days, 366 days should 2012 be a leap year. Some theorize it will be the dawning of a mass "awakening" within all of mankind. Sort of follows the old saying "All men are brothers" which would be nice if one day everyone woke up and was accepting of one another. Now I'm not saying I believe the great sky serpant is going to save us from ourselves while we all sit back and be lazy good for nothings, buuuttt... wouldn't that be awesome? LOL sarcasm.

We won't know the answer until that day comes however... but just in case I'm going to play "Last night On Earth" by Powerman5000 and "Who Wants To Live Forever" by Queen *a live version from Budapest in 1986* on new years. If the world does end I'll be that big German guy in Southern California playing this loud as hell and singing along with it to freak out the Religious Right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeo0_3gN190

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

James M. Martin replied to chares martel's discussion What are you grateful for today?
4 minutes ago
Neanderthal Man commented on Neanderthal Man's video
12 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
13 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion In Liberia Christian Churches blame gays for Ebola in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
14 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
23 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
35 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Joan Denoo's blog post According to the Bible, God drowns, kills, slaughters, genocides, stones, burns, mauls, rapes, crushes, ....
37 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
39 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan commented on Warren Jappe's photo
42 minutes ago
Ted Foureagles replied to chares martel's discussion Would you rather America won the Vietnam War?
46 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
47 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan commented on Loren Miller's photo
49 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service