Mine is Berserk. Some have tried to unseat it as my favorite (Bleach, Deathnote, DBZ) over the years, but Berserk still wins in my book, even if it's dated. Berserk is beautiful and inspirational, then it turns dark and leaves you cursing at the insane cliff hanger. Few stories have elicited as much emotions in me as this one anime.

Views: 235

Replies to This Discussion

I looooooooved DeathNote, and Darker Than Black runs a close second :)

Would you say you loved it with a capital "L". lol Deathnote humor ;)  

It was an excellent anime. I watched it twice and even gave the live action Jap movie a try (couldn't finish it though...)

Darker Than Black is one that I haven't seen. It's on my list now.

I see what you did there :)

I could be mistaken, but I believe Darker Than Black is available on Netflix streaming.

oh cool .. I will add Darker Than Black to my list .. cool deal

Ranma 1/2 and Inu Yashaand I could list more

I like most the stuff that Rumiko Takahashi does.

I liked Inuyasha. I watched it all the way up until it originally stopped. I guess someone picked it up and they made more but I never went back to finish it.

It's awesome James! You should pick it up again.

InuYasha is another definite win. I have a huge stack of the books, but nowhere near all of them. Yet. :)

Oh yeah! Forgot about Ranma 1/2. I never did see the entire series. I liked the Inu Yasha manga more than the anime though.

Vampire Hunter D. Really enjoyed that one. And old school, really old as I was a teen at the time, was Battleship Yamato. More recently, Full Metal Alchemist. Cowboy Bebop. And most anything by Hayao Miyazaki.

If you liked Cowboy Bebop you really should check out Samurai Champloo. Made by the same people.

Samurai Champloo was the last anime I saw that I was really into. I was also really into Gundam Wing back in the day. There is also a soft spot in my heart for Sorcerer Hunters (the manga was better though) and Martian Success Nadesico.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service