My nerd score was 92, when I took the "test" some months ago.

Nerd Quiz

Views: 750

Replies to This Discussion

I think we must have been separated from birth -- we have so many similarities!  yeah to spookiness

I love Castlevania too! So awesome! and the music is so great!

Hah, oh my goodness! Well I was adopted, so up until I found my birthmother only about 2 years ago that was a real possibility (and having been born in Texas and all!).

I could school you guys on Skyrim, The Elders Scrolls games are expertise! I basically know everything about all of them. Yes all five of them! Arena, Daggerfell, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim! I guess you could say I'm a nut for The Elder Scrolls!

Oooo, Adventure!  And let's not forget ZORK!  Oh, the times I spent "under the rug!"  I first played that on a DEC PDP-11/23, running RSX11-M.  Later on with the advent of PC's I got into "Leather Goddesses of Phobos" and "A Mind Forever Voyaging," but my all-time favorite was "Trinity."  I LOVED the writing for that game.  The descriptions, especially of the oriental woman with the umbrella ("Her face is wrong!") will stick with me all my life.

Those were games where you didn't need graphics, because your mind painted the pictures of where you were!

Yeah, I've painted quite a few pictures in my mind due to a lack of graphics. Still I am not unhappy with my Xbox ;)

Used to play WOW all the time. Would stay up to 2AM making those repair robots for raids -- I was an engineer -- my mains were Warrior Undead and Paladin Human. Was too time consuming so I had to give it up. Maybe I'll go back to it.

We could borrow an idea from the purity tests:

"Have you ever done any of these things just to increase your nerd score?"

Ah the purity tests...those were always entertaining back in college.  I just googled it and here are a few. 

http://www.armory.com/tests/nerd500.html

http://www.lagmonster.info/games/purity/compnerd.html

http://www.lagmonster.info/games/purity/geek.html

On combining geekiness with sexual im/"purity"...

The silliest thing I saw on a purity test was in a "TinyMUD purity test" that assessed your degree of experience with / addiction to those multiplayer online adventure games. Much of it was about time spent, notable games and players, etc., but there was a section on cybersex, which culminated with the questions:

"Have you ever had [cybersex] and [real-life] sex at the same time?"

"With the same person?"

That's the problem with test. Good score though.

Okay, here goes:

Overall, you scored as follows:

10% scored higher (more nerdy),
1% scored the same, and
89% scored lower (less nerdy).

What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

High-Level Nerd. You are definitely MIT material, apply now!!!.

Have to say, I didn't think I'd score that high ... but then, I AM an engineer, so I suppose that either recommends or damns me, depending on your point of view. I'm probably not as actively inquisitive as I used to be, but I've had my moments ... like characterizing a test system our company bought from another company and writing my own diagnostics for it when I found that the ones which came with it were .... YUK, TOOEY!!! [sorry, allergic reaction!]

One thing I want to say on the side: I have NEVER cared for the "Revenge of the Nerd" movies. I thought they were caricatures. I haven't worn a pocket protector since Jr. High School ... but when I wear a shirt with a breast pocket, I DO usually carry a pocket screwdriver and have for perhaps the last 30 years. When you've twiddled as many pots (potentiometers) as I have, you learn that comes in real handy!

BTW, should I mention that I saw that the code I cut-and-pasted into the above comment caused the following text to center-align, so I went into the html editor, found the code that caused the centering, then added a <p align=left> to turn off the center alignment.

I don't really do that much html code, but I do know basic hacking!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service