So tell me guys what OS do you use and why? i use both ubuntu (linux) and windows 7. But i use ubuntu more often. i only use windows to watch netflix and to use some hardware to it that ubuntu does not recognize. i like ubntu because is free, opensource and not as vulnerable to mallware as windows

Tags: android, computers, fedora, ios, linux, mac, os, ubuntu, unix, windows, More…x

Views: 208

Replies to This Discussion

I was a freelance Mac repair guy from the mid '90s until about '04. I used to buy/sell them as well and parts, especially in the early days of eBay. I even managed to find a guy in Detroit to make me proprietary RAM @ cheap, back when sticks of 128 mb RAM were going for $250 a pop, …made a killing selling it at half the going price.

Here's my old office/man-geek room circa 2001:

That is so cool!

I've got an iMac and a MacBook Pro both running OSX Snow Leopard..

That's awesome! Nice to meet another Mac user.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 on one machine and the Windows 8 Developer Preview on another, both of them are running cygwin, and I have various linux utilities compiled on top of that. I program alot, and most of the time I'm aiming at it being most compatible with Windows. I did use Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, Yellowdog, even an LFS), but I found I only used Linux for some things (mostly bash and compiling things), and used Windows for everything else, so my current builds try to reflect that mash up of a little bit of bash with a whole lot of windows.

I'm jealous of you all.  I used to buy a new computer every 3 years, but my limited income means my iMac is 4.6 years old and can't run any newer OSX than Tiger (10.4.11).   I'm not likely to get a new computer for several years more.

Thanks! Youll get an awesome computer!

Windows 7 x 64, because I'm not computer geeky.

Ubuntu 11.10. Easiest Linux distro to use, and I need a terminal for computer science.

That's cool what is your major?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Leon Gretsky replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
10 minutes ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
12 minutes ago
Glen Rosenberg replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
13 minutes ago
Ceil replied to Ceil's discussion An interesting discussion on Santa...
14 minutes ago
Scott DeLong liked Dan Barker's profile
15 minutes ago
15 minutes ago
18 minutes ago
22 minutes ago
25 minutes ago
28 minutes ago
Daniel W replied to Ceil's discussion An interesting discussion on Santa...
36 minutes ago
Daniel W replied to Daniel W's discussion Winter Solstice Dec 21st
41 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service