By Eric Shirey | Yahoo! Contributor Network – Fri, Oct 14, 2011

Fans of "Starship Troopers" have reason to celebrate. Dread Central reports a new movie based on Robert A. Heinlein's science fiction classic is coming out in summer of 2012. However, instead of it being live-action, it will be a CG-animated film.

The new chapter in the film series is titled "Starship Troopers: Invasion." The movie revolves around the team of the attack ship Alesia, which has been commissioned to help the Starship John A. Warden evacuate the survivors and military personnel from a Federation outpost that has come under attack by the Arachnids. Before the Alesia arrives, Minister of Paranormal Warfare Carl Jenkins leads the Starship John A. Warden on a secret mission and goes missing in a nebula.

Read the rest here.

Views: 88

Replies to This Discussion

We'll just have to see. 1st one, I enjoyed ok. 2nd one sucked. 3rd one, meh. Better than 2nd one, but that ain't saying much. 

Honestly, this doesn't sound like it's much based on the original novel, more like a "same-universe" take-off.  After the utter disaster which (IMHO) Paul Verhoeven's opus was, I personally think I'll pass.

What I would GENUINELY like to see as regards Heinlein's work is a cinematic treatment of The Star Beast.  Of all the "boy and his alien" concepts out there, this is one that has NOT been remotely touched on and, with the technology of this day and age, it should be no problem to make Lummox come alive and be quite credible.

Sadly, I'm not holding my breath, though.

I expect it to be shittier than the first 3. I think it's a major insult to the man that these are said to be based on his book. The first one was only loosely based upon it, and the sequels aren't even vaguely.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service