Charles L. Worley, North Carolina Pastor: Put Gays And Lesbians In Electrified Pen To Kill Them Off

I'm not going to offer any comment on this article other than this: read on an empty stomach.

===========================

The barrage of anti-gay sermons delivered by North Carolina-based pastors to hit the blogosphere continues with yet another disturbing rant caught on tape.

The pastor, identified on YouTube as Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, N.C., condemns President Obama's much-publicized endorsement of same-sex marriage while calling for gays and lesbians to be put in an electrified pen and ultimately killed off.

"Build a great, big, large fence -- 150 or 100 mile long -- put all the lesbians in there," Worley suggests in the clip, reportedly filmed on May 13.

He continues: "Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can't get out...and you know what, in a few years, they'll die out...do you know why? They can't reproduce!"

He also said that if he's asked who he'll vote for, he'll reply, "I'm not going to vote for a baby killer and a homosexual lover!" Many of the congregants cheer and reply, "Amen."

Read the rest (if you haven't already suffered from reverse peristalsis) here.

Tags: Charles L. Worley, gay marriage, rant

Views: 1320

Replies to This Discussion

I agree.  He's not my type, either.

As to having your back, in one sense Worley reminds me of those poker machines in the corner of a dingy barroom. He stands in a place open to the public, while on stage has his back to the wall, and takes on all comers. I think I'm going with Loren and SB on this one. No thanks.

Ahh, come on guys! Where's your sense of gratitude? He's just tryin' to save you from eternal damnation. You don't want eternal damnation do you?

If eternal salvation means having to be around that bastard, yes, I do prefer damnation.

This woman's statement reveals one of the reasons "religion poisons everything"
Church member defends NC pastor: LGBT people ‘worthy of death’
1. She clearly does not know her church history, who wrote the scriptures, where, and their ulterior motive, and the intention of the composers and copiers of the document. 
2. Her minister has taught her to hate, not on the basis of love, or of science, but on bigotry. Is that the kind of religious leaders needed in this age of turmoil?
3. She does not take responsibility for her own thinking, rather follows as a lamb to slaughter to parrot the principles of another. 
4. Anti-homosexuality clearly does not recognize the great gifts many gay people possess and contribute to society. In some cultures homosexuality is considered a gift from their "maker".
5. Being dependent, acquiescent, subordinate and obedient to her pastor's thinking is the greatest tragedy of all. She may not have bound feet as Chinese women for over a thousand years, but she surely has a bound mind. 
6. She exhibits no compassion for people different from herself.

She should feel shame and embarrassment with so little thought or knowledge about biology. If she learned this in church, and the message was supported at home, and the teachers taught it in the public school, ... Oh! Dear! the scenario is just too much to even contemplate. Her/ their intolerance is intolerable ... so what would any intelligent person say or do that can make a difference? 

They don't care about biology or anything based in reality when it comes into conflict with their precious IGNORANT holy book. 

Indeed, tolerance of ignorance has run its course.  It costs lives and progress and has nothing to excuse its support.  Ignorance restrains, deludes and ultimately KILLS.  Ignorance deserves only disdain and active opposition.  The 21st century can no longer afford it.

This site needs a "Like" button!!! Sadly having lived in NC for most of my life, I have to agree with Loren, I know they don't care about 'truth' if it runs contrary to what the 'pastor' said and most of the 'pastors' gave themselves the title... Carneys, the lot of them. We have deer season, rabbit season... we need a clergy season in NC, they have definitely overpopulated the area and it's become diseased and weakened the herd! (use their own justifications against them I say!)

Tammy, do you have people in your area who share you concerns?

I would have a hard time living in a place where the population believes as so many do and who vote for issues that support their delusions. If these beliefs were in their own homes and churches, it would be no one else's business, but fundamentalists vote for their values.

There is no right to keep children ignorant; Intelligent Design and Creationism do not prepare children for challenges facing their generation. 

Are you of a "resistance" nature and express yourself or do you feel you have to remain silent? 

Joan, at first I thought more people here shared my concerns, I honestly thought we'd become a more progressive state and then this Amendment 1 issue rose up and I felt completely sideswiped to find that people I thought I knew well, wanted this utterly abhorrent crap signed into law. I was literally depressed for days and now I'm just angry as hell.

As for resistance, I won't let them force their views on me, I have put out 'no trespassing' signs for the door knockers whom I used to invite in to argue with for entertainment, but since the economic downturn here, it is best to keep your own council for the most part, especially when you find yourselves in our position looking for work with benefits. Both of us lost our jobs in the crash, both of us lost our benefits, our savings and our retirement accounts and we're both over 40 and the fields of work in which we generally make our living are fields in which 'activism' are frowned upon, so we have to be a little more quiet than we'd like and that leaves us both feeling very isolated down here.

'How To Tell You're An Atheist'

Daniel Dennett spoke at Global Atheist Convention in Melbourne last month and I think you may be interested in it. He says the tradition is, "Don't ask, don't tell" about atheism. Dennett restated it, "Don't ask, Tell!" and gives his rationale for this position. 

My usual process is not bring religion up, but if others say they will pray for someone, or ask me questions, I answer honestly, as powerfully as the situation dictates, and speak, not as an angry atheist, but as a person who does not recognize any evidence for any religion. If mysticism or superstition comes up, I make my statement. When Creationism and Intelligent Design comes up as a topic for inclusion in public school science curricula I get much more powerful in my statements. Or when control over women's decision making process or control over women's' minds and bodies, I try to make my comments so powerful, they do not want to bring the subject up in my presence again. I allow my contempt to show. I intend for my contempt to show. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service