Charles L. Worley, North Carolina Pastor: Put Gays And Lesbians In Electrified Pen To Kill Them Off

I'm not going to offer any comment on this article other than this: read on an empty stomach.

===========================

The barrage of anti-gay sermons delivered by North Carolina-based pastors to hit the blogosphere continues with yet another disturbing rant caught on tape.

The pastor, identified on YouTube as Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, N.C., condemns President Obama's much-publicized endorsement of same-sex marriage while calling for gays and lesbians to be put in an electrified pen and ultimately killed off.

"Build a great, big, large fence -- 150 or 100 mile long -- put all the lesbians in there," Worley suggests in the clip, reportedly filmed on May 13.

He continues: "Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can't get out...and you know what, in a few years, they'll die out...do you know why? They can't reproduce!"

He also said that if he's asked who he'll vote for, he'll reply, "I'm not going to vote for a baby killer and a homosexual lover!" Many of the congregants cheer and reply, "Amen."

Read the rest (if you haven't already suffered from reverse peristalsis) here.

Tags: Charles L. Worley, gay marriage, rant

Views: 1345

Replies to This Discussion

When pigs fly is my favorite image. I should put a weather vane on my roof with a flying pig! Maybe with lipstick, earrings and a recording of "We shall overcome" on a loud speaker. 

Maybe this'll do:

Perfect!

@Pat - Great we made the national news here in good ol' NC AGAIN! Oy!

@ Loren - I can't think of a single church in my town that didn't break the law during this primary season, I honestly looked at each one as I was passing to see which were politicking and I can't recall any that weren't! Personally I think all churches should be taxed as the business that they are, frigging carney hacks bilking people out of money with their shell games...  in all honestly though they wield far too much power and the idea that they're trying to turn my country into a theocracy terrifies me when I think about how easy it is for them to ascend here in the electoral process as we saw last season.

Apparently, Tammy S made a post here and either she deleted it or something else happened, but it would seem that Americans United is promoting the idea of stripping Worley's church of its tax exempt status!

Check it out here.

Yeah I did post it earlier, accidentally. I meant to post it to Diaspora rather than here, because Pat had already mentioned in a previous post that Barry Lynn was taking them on. The danger of chatting in too many online venues... you forget what you've posted where!!! I was happy to see their action so when I received the email update I wanted to share it! ;)

Tammy, don't feel too bad about forgetting things. One of my biggest fears is that my partner will change the password on our computer to our anniversary. If she does, I'm totally screwed.

Do you have a Facebook?  If you do, put your anniversary there or even on your profile here.  Then you can look it up.  LOL

Tammy, I know the "rules" say to not post multiple times and I try not to do that. Occasionally I can't find the right string on which to post until too late or ... oh! whatever. 

In any event, your words hold wisdom and offer useful and thought provoking ideas. Please don't worry, we, all of us, understand. 

@Pat - I do well to remember what I was trying to say from one minute to the next, but I must confess, we were married on Halloween so it's not likely that either one of us is going to forget our anniversary! *wink*

@Joan - Thank you! I felt like an idiot, I posted it and thought "Wait, you responded to Pat who had already stated AU was taking it on!" Ahhh... stress, what is that old joke about life and loss... "Of all the things I've loved and lost, I miss my mind the most!" Something like that I'm sure... right? LOL

Church member Stacey Pritchard agreed that Worley was just speaking the truth.

“Sometimes you’ve got to be scared straight,” she said. “He is trying to save those people from Hell.”

See guys, get off Worley's case. He was only thinking of us. How considerate of him.

Who's got your back, fellas? Worley's got your back!

I've got news for that babe.  The bible also says she should shut up and know her place ... and in this RARE instance, I agree with it!

As for Worley, I wouldn't trust him within a kilometer of my back, my front, or any other portion of my anatomy!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service