Notice I was inclusive! *grin* I have had a lifelong love affair with music and it's power to affect people's lives and to act as an instrument of social and political protest.

So as an excuse to indulge in one of my passions I've started this thread with the idea that people post videos, songs or just information regarding GLBTQ Music/Musicians/Bands/songs :)

Tags: bisexual, gay, glbtq, grrrl, lesbian, queer, queercore, riot, transsexual

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

To start things rolling - Queercore anybody? :) Queercore had it's origins in the mid 1980's and Punk - It was expressing not only a disillusionment with mainstream society but also what it saw as the oppressive agenda of the Gay & Lesbian community.

So I'll kick of with two songs by Scream Club [Cindy Wonderful and Sarah Adorable]

Don't Fuck With My Babies

Spit and Glitter

After the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled that same-sex marriages must be allowed in the commonwealth, I added the following verse to Jerome Kern's "They Didn't Believe Me" for our gay men's chorus to perform.

And when I told them
What Massachusetts did,
They didn't believe me,
They didn't believe me.

The Court Supreme at last has said
That gays and lesbians can wed.
It's the dream of a lifetime
At last come true.

And when I tell them
(and I'm certainly going to tell them)
That you're the man who's husband I'm going to be,
They'll never believe me,
They'll never believe me,
But in the Bay State I can marry you.
A few songs:

(Some of these may be a little predictable, but I like 'em, and I'll be first, so nyah!)

* Garbage- "Androgyny"

* Manic Street Preachers- "Born a girl"

* Propaghandi- "Homophobes are just pissed 'cause they can't get laid"

* The Queers- "I wanna be a homosexual"

* Patty Griffin- "Tony"

* Elton Motello- "Jet boy, jet girl"
Don't forget Tom Robinson's 1976 song:

Glad To be Gay

And tho this song by The Dead Milkmen tries too hard to appear to be PC and inclusive, it's still fun to listen to, the song title is "Lesbian Eskimo Midget Left-Handed Ninja Albino."

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service