Add your favorite quotes here, or if you are just interested in reading what others post, select follow below.

Here are some of mine:

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
- Thomas Jefferson

Liberty is to the collective body, what health is to every individual body. Without health no pleasure can be tasted by man; without liberty, no happiness can be enjoyed by society.
- Thomas Jefferson

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
- Benjamin Franklin

Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.
- John Adams

The Grecians and Romans were strongly possessed of the spirit of liberty but not the principle, for at the time they were determined not to be slaves themselves, they employed their power to enslave the rest of mankind.
- Thomas Paine

Tags: USA, america, american history, democracy, quotes

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

LOL! No further comment. XD
I know, I thought it would be interesting to get a reaction, ( and aquire a little knowledge ), as to what this country was intended to be, and what it still ( sadly ) is..
I stole this from another A|N member's comments:

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.

- Thomas Jefferson
There can be no liberty for a community which lacks the means by which to detect lies. - Walter Lippmann

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service