I can still fondly remember the cheese sandwiches my mom and grandma made.  Browed in a fry-pan or on top of a wood-burning stove, preferably with extra sharp cheddar, a little mayonnaise, and margarine on the outside.  One of the top delicious memories of my childhood.

I still make them once in a while, but mine can't compare to those in my memory.

I like all kinds of cheese except most blue cheeses I've purchased.  I've tried those blue cheeses probably 20 times, but they taste nasty.

I did have a Roquefort (cheese) dressing on my salad once in a restaurant in California that was excellent.  I now understand it's a type of blue cheese.  Since then I've only found Roquefort cheese once in a store, and a dressing once.  Although they were good, not nearly as good as that first dressing treat.  

The other cheese I like, that I understand is a blue, is a type of Gorgonzola.  What type I don't know.  I'm going to have to pay more attention if I'm going to talk about it.

I think, like all food experiences, the taste of cheese is dependent on who makes it and with what ingredients.

I look forward to your comments on cheese, especially learning from you.

Tags: Cheese, Roquefort

Views: 174

Replies to This Discussion

Limburger has a strong taste, both creamy and sharp, and the smell is so strong that you can lean on it.

Can't remember if I've ever tried Limburger, but will if I get the chance and it doesn't cost an appendage or 2.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service