I can still fondly remember the cheese sandwiches my mom and grandma made.  Browed in a fry-pan or on top of a wood-burning stove, preferably with extra sharp cheddar, a little mayonnaise, and margarine on the outside.  One of the top delicious memories of my childhood.

I still make them once in a while, but mine can't compare to those in my memory.

I like all kinds of cheese except most blue cheeses I've purchased.  I've tried those blue cheeses probably 20 times, but they taste nasty.

I did have a Roquefort (cheese) dressing on my salad once in a restaurant in California that was excellent.  I now understand it's a type of blue cheese.  Since then I've only found Roquefort cheese once in a store, and a dressing once.  Although they were good, not nearly as good as that first dressing treat.  

The other cheese I like, that I understand is a blue, is a type of Gorgonzola.  What type I don't know.  I'm going to have to pay more attention if I'm going to talk about it.

I think, like all food experiences, the taste of cheese is dependent on who makes it and with what ingredients.

I look forward to your comments on cheese, especially learning from you.

Tags: Cheese, Roquefort

Views: 128

Replies to This Discussion

I love cheese except Swiss. For some reason I can't stand the taste of Swiss. Weird. And I have Swiss blood in me, lol. Just kidding, I know that doesn't make you like the food! My heritage is German, French, Swiss, Austrian, Scottish, English, Irish, Polish, and Russian. My kids are all that and a little Blackfoot Indian also!

That's some mixed heritage Mindy!  

One of my sisters almost married a Blackfoot Indian.  We live very close to their land in this part of Idaho.  My heritage is mostly Welsh, English, Scottish, and Swiss or Swedish (forget which one).

I like Swiss cheese quite a bit.  It's one of the cheeses I enjoy eating without anything else.

You might try baby Swiss.  It's a bit "softer" tasting.  My wife and I enjoy it on her Reubens sandwiches ... NUMMY!

I've tried baby Swiss too.  For some reason I just don't like it. I love bleu cheese though, and I used to think it was gross when I was a kid.

Sharp, white, Vermont cheddar. I was in Vermont last October (colors were spectacular), and stocked up on some local cheese, along with some local maple syrup. Made a cream of broccoli cheese soup this last weekend with a combination of the Vermont cheddar and some Gouda, and it really was a gouda soup. (I know - lousy pun).

A grilled ham and white cheddar cheese on rye with some hot brown mustard sounds good right about now.

LOVE cheese, from Kraft singles to bleu cheese dressing for my Buffalo chicken wings to muenster (or MONSTER) cheese (great for grilled ham & cheese sammiches!), Parmesan for Italian dishes and mozzarella for pizza to The Laughing Cow stuff for a snack.  Never tried Limburger and not certain I need to, but cheese is pretty much an essential part of this guy's diet!

Ha ha, I've never tried Limburger either Loren.

Limburger has a strong taste, both creamy and sharp, and the smell is so strong that you can lean on it.

Can't remember if I've ever tried Limburger, but will if I get the chance and it doesn't cost an appendage or 2.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Christopher Cosgrove shared Loren Miller's blog post on Facebook
13 minutes ago
TNT666 replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion THE ORIGINS OF US ALL—BY DNA GENETIC ANALYSIS in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
53 minutes ago
Christopher Cosgrove liked Loren Miller's blog post Seth Andrews - "The Ultimate Question"
1 hour ago
Atheist Exile replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion THE ORIGINS OF US ALL—BY DNA GENETIC ANALYSIS in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Atheist Exile liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion THE ORIGINS OF US ALL—BY DNA GENETIC ANALYSIS
1 hour ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Dustin Roy's discussion Islam and Nazism
1 hour ago
Atheist Exile replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion THE ORIGINS OF US ALL—BY DNA GENETIC ANALYSIS in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Michael Penn replied to Christine's discussion Annual visit with the BA in-laws
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Russell Pangborn's discussion Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S
3 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Why Atheists can't be Republicans
3 hours ago
Gregory Phillip Dearth posted a status
"My second edition of "Tools for Debating Atheism" is now available on Kindle. Much better than the 1st edition... http://j.mp/1zsZBb5"
4 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Carrot Hare's discussion Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!
4 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service