When watching my speech, I find out, that intentionally I use words or phrases, that are not correct for someone who doesn´t believe in "a god"...

as for example my god, thank god or else, in my own language (if someone understands german) more clearly "...um Gottes willen, Gottseidank, mein Gott !, etc....

sometimes I can avoid this, but most of the time I simply don´t care, and all other (non-atheists) people use these phrases too, it´s maybe a relic of growing-up-times and so often heard speech, but it´s very hard to get rid off this diction...

I would like to hear, if anyone of yours has similar problems, or if you even care...

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

There are certain ones that I try to avoid that are really hard to avoid. For example, "creation" referring to all that *is*. Even the word "creatures" bothers me. There are definitely others, but they're not coming to mind at this late hour.
I have the same 'problem', except I don't consider it a problem. Merely a habit I don't care about at all.

My math teacher used to swear in Zeus' name, and he probably didn't believe in the Greek pantheon, so...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Sentient Biped replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent
11 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent
14 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent
26 minutes ago
Luara replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
32 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent
36 minutes ago
37 minutes ago
Luara added a discussion to the group Mathematics
38 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Joan Denoo's discussion ‘There are no wild cows’: Neil deGrasse Tyson slams ‘fear factor’ over GMOs
45 minutes ago
47 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
48 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
52 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
54 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service