All Discussions Tagged 'slavery' (7)

← Back to Race, Ethnicity, & Culture
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Slavery by Another Name

SB told me about this book, but I don't have time to read another book, so I got the DVD. This is a must see.  - Dallas   Slavery by Anothe…

Started by A Former Member

4 May 16, 2012
Reply by A Former Member

Unchained Memories: Readings from the Slave Narratives

I haven’t watched all of this yet myself, but it looks interesting. It looks like it is available on YouTube, but I can’t guarantee that th…

0 Apr 10, 2012

21st century slavery. 800,000 new slaves a year.

CNN Freedom Project. http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/04/sex-slavery-a-family-business/?hpt=C1 "The UN estimates up to 8…

Started by Sentient Biped

0 Mar 7, 2011

The Christian Bible Approves & Supports Slavery

I keep running across bible verses that support slavery.  I hope that if others find bible verses that support either slavery or racism, th…

Started by Sentient Biped

11 Feb 1, 2011
Reply by Navitta Nelson

Michael Vick, Racial History and Animal Rights

Would society have been more forgiving of Michael Vick if he'd been white? Would they have cared so much about his actions if he had hurt c…

11 Jan 1, 2011
Reply by sunshine

The Great Escape From Slavery of Ellen and William Craft

The Great Escape From Slavery of Ellen and William Craft Passing as a white man traveling with his servant, two slaves fled their masters i…

2 Jul 31, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

The Good Earth: George Washington Carver built a rich life from science and the land

The Good EarthGeorge Washington Carver built a rich life from science and the land.   Born into slavery in Missouri during the Civil War’s…

1 Feb 11, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service