All Discussions Tagged 'racism' (113)

← Back to Race, Ethnicity, & Culture
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Race: Are We So Different?

It's a simple truth.People are different. Throughout history, these differences have been a source of community strength and personal ident…

Started by A Former Member

2 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by Navitta Nelson

46% of Republicans in MIssissippi are against interracial marriage.

aol news   This was also posted on another AN group, but I think it's worthy of notice here as well.   "46 percent of likely GOP primary vo…

Started by Sentient Biped

10 May 24, 2011
Reply by Sentient Biped

Heroism for equality

CNN   Zwerg looked like a bloody scarecrow. His eyes were blackened and his suit was splattered with blood. After he was hospitalized, a ne…

0 May 16, 2011

Not letting racism off the hook so easily

Yet again in an Anthropology class, this time discussing race: The history of race segregation and eugenics and the quest to scientifically…

Started by Jo Jerome

19 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by World Walker

Religion and Racism

From a discussion of research on the topic of religion and racism Does Religion Breed Racism?  in the BLog "Colorstruck:  Exploring race bi…

2 Mar 15, 2011
Reply by Sentient Biped

The Christian Bible Approves & Supports Slavery

I keep running across bible verses that support slavery.  I hope that if others find bible verses that support either slavery or racism, th…

11 Feb 1, 2011
Reply by Navitta Nelson

Michael Vick, Racial History and Animal Rights

Would society have been more forgiving of Michael Vick if he'd been white? Would they have cared so much about his actions if he had hurt c…

11 Jan 1, 2011
Reply by sunshine

Frantz Fanon

Someone posted this on another site, so I thought I would pass it on. I'm not familiar with Fanon at all.  - DG   Frantz Fanon's relatively…

0 Dec 31, 2010

A story of racism, bad business decisions, and the death of an integrated town.

This was a fascinating read.  New Philadelphia was an Illinois town, founded by Frank McWorter - a Kentucky slave who had managed to buy h…

2 Dec 26, 2010
Reply by Sentient Biped

How Bad is It? Really, really bad.

This is from the Root.  The statistics refer to Washington DC, not necessarily the same as other places but still telling:   This is the co…

0 Dec 7, 2010

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service