Ford? Really? This suprises me. I'm not sure how reliable this info is, but here it is anyhow. I can see Starbucks being considered an ethical company, but a few of the others have me wondering, especially Target who donates big time to radicalized conservative groups. - Dallas

Ford, Starbucks Among ‘Most Ethical Companies’

Target, Starbucks, General Mills and Ford all feature in rankings of the most ethical companies in 38 sectors.

The 2011 World’s Most Ethical Companies rankings by Ethisphere magazine honor companies deemed to have demonstrated a commitment to ethical business practices. Honorees must demonstrate real and sustained ethical leadership within their industries and translate ethical words into action, Ethisphere says.

The rankings do not choose a set number of companies, but rewards companies that lead their industry peers. This year Ethisphere chose between one and six firms in each sector, for a total of 110 companies. In 2011, 36 companies are new to the list.

But 26 have dropped off from the 2010 list, generally because of litigation and ethics violation, as well as increased competition within their industries, Ethisphere said.

Read the rest on Environmental Leader.

Tags: Ford, Starbucks, Target, business ethics, corporations, ethics

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

Starbucks! Yay! I love to get coffees at Starbucks. Plus they have WiFi for my iPad.
It is good news that they are considered ethical.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service