I'm curious as to what conservative atheists believe about sex. As a culturally liberal secular atheist, I believe sex should be reserved for marriage, not as the basis of a relationship but as a privilege of a marriage that should be used for its unitive and procreational purposes.

I can't put my finger on it, and this could be because I'm a heterosexual, but I do not think same-sex sex is appreciable. In fact, I find most forms of sex, both between members of the opposite sex and of the same sex to be quite disgusting. I do not much like oral or anal sex. Actually, I don't really know what I like. It's mostly fantasy to me because I'm a virgin.

Anyway, what do you guys think is the purpose of sex? Is it just an animal instinct that must be fulfilled or is there something meaningful to it?

Views: 563

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, I see what you are saying. Writing, as I did, implied design. Oh my goodness, NO! That is not what I meant. Thank you for catching this. The very last thing I want to convey is a design by a designer. Thank you!

Richard Dawkins demonstrates the evolution of the eye

"Creationists and supporters of Intelligent Design like to point to what they call the "irreducible complexity" of the eye as proof of the existence of a designer/creator. In other words, they like to say that complex components of our physiology like the eye could not have come about through a process of evolution because they are not of any use until everything is in place and working. In this excerpt from his lecture "Growing Up In The Universe: Climbing Mount Improbable", Professor Dawkins demonstrates how something complex like the eye can indeed evolve."

See all five "Growing Up In The Universe" lectures by Richard Dawkins in their entirety here:

CHRISTMAS LECTURES 1991 - Growing Up in the Universe

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service