"Latest reading: 400.15 ppm
CO2 concentration on May 19, 2013"
"Concentrations of the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide in the global atmosphere are approaching 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first time in human history"
~ http://keelingcurve.ucsd.edu/

Climate hits 400ppm of CO2 for first time in 3 million years
http://www.treehugger.com/climate-change/what-does-world-400-ppm-co...

Views: 89

Replies to This Discussion

The Carbon Dioxide Thermostat is a natural mechanism that counteracts wide swings in temperature, so whatever we do will be corrected by Mother Nature. It only takes half a million years to work.

The roaches will be glad for cooler temperatures around the year 502013.

Options
Pray and wait for god to solve our problems;
Rejoice, we are going into Armagedden;
Blame environmentalists and do nothing;
Blame fossil fuel companies and do nothing;
End demand for fossil fuels;
_
_
_

How about:

- Develop hydrogen separation technology using renewable energy.

- Improve on existing fuel cells for private and mass transportation and home usage.

- And other stuff like that there...

I have no idea. If you say these are possibilities, what is the next step the ordinary citizen can take?

I know, my suggestions are more for the engineers and physicists ... but getting educated about these means is an important step toward promoting and getting research for them supported, whether privately or by the government.

I understand, Loren. It continues to surprise me that people have no knowledge of the trend lines. I will be be watching for
- Develop hydrogen separation technology using renewable energy.
- Improve on existing fuel cells for private and mass transportation and home usage.

It doesn't surprise me, Joan.  When I mention that I work with semiconductors and someone asks me what a semiconductor is (true story - happened TODAY!), I have to wonder.

Speaking of

It continues to surprise me that people have no knowledge of the trend lines.

Michael Mann says we're raising Earth's temperature a million times faster than nature does.

A telling quote on crossing 400ppm.

This new threshold represents capitalism’s supreme capacity to shit in the plate it eats from (Nature).

Climate change threatening future life

I'm getting that terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that enough people aren't going to wake up! 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Tom Sarbeck replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
35 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
35 minutes ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
54 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
1 hour ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
1 hour ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
1 hour ago
Tom Sarbeck commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
1 hour ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
2 hours ago
Jason Blair replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
2 hours ago
Jason Blair replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service