My wife (who is a theist for the time being), has made a ccomment that although she likes my passion, she feels I might be offending people or becoming to militant. I asked her, what about the Latter Day Saints and the Jehovah Witnesses. Aren't they more "militant" than I am. She smiled and stated. "Maybe you should do that. Go door to door and spread the word of a non returning Jehovah". Wow! Has anyone done this? I am willing to dedicate Saturdays or whenever to go from house to house and spread the non word. Lol. As free thinkers do we not have a duty to "wake" people up? "Wake up Neo, the theists have got you". Anyway, that's my idea. Anyone else?

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

My friend just sent me a bumper sticker "Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either."  This is about as militant as I want to get.  I don't want to have the same reputation as the Jehovah Witnesses- even for the "right" reason.  As to the non-coming, how do we prove a negative?  I think aggressive tactics will only alienate the believers.  I think we should stand up for what we believe in: SCIENCE.  I have two granddaughters, ages 4 and 2.  It deeply concerns me that the other set of grandparents are fundamentalists and will be "teaching" my grandkids.  However, alienation will only cause a rift in the family. I plan to teach my grandkids about science as they grow older, and let them observe who sounds more rational.
This sounds very appealing...but I don't think it will get legs for a long-term "evangelizing" effort.  I could see it being an awareness-raising one-time effort where the local news organizations are clued in and get some news coverage.  Good luck with trying to pull it together.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service