I hope everyone gets a chance to read this editorial from the Sac Bee:

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/story/2108058.html?pageNum=3&mi_p...

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm, another fundie that can't see how a secular decision about the care of granny could ever be made with compassion!
That is just crazy!
Because I am an atheist I do believe we are all equal. I am not only worried about my own "kind" - based on religion, race, nationality - Because I am an atheist, I know we all truly brothers and sisters through evolution. I don't think I deserve better or more healthcare than anyone else, I think we should let rational thinking by caregivers and patients based on science guide these decisions. Because I am an atheist, I don't have to rely on faith to heal.
BWAHAHAHAH! Funny shit but seriously... don't peoples legal guardians make the choice to terminate coma-patients or what? If the answer is YES then, bill the family directly and if they can't/won't pay I certainly wouldn't. After all, would anyone help pay for my mom to get back-surgery so her disks in her lower back don't eventually cripple her? I highly dought it...

I have told numerous members of my family, inclueding my mother and god-mother, that if I am to ever need life support for more than 1 year: JUST PULL MY PLUG, CREAMATE MY BODY/THROW ME INTO THE OCEAN AND MOVE ON. I personally wouldn't want to go through the recovery process anyways and it's scary for me to think - "What if I wake up and my limbs are hacked off?" or "How high will my medical expenses be?" Plus I always did want to visit the historical beaches of Normady, Germany so hopefully I could have my ashes throw overboard near there...

As for the human race being "Special" I tend to think we are very "Special" indeed... what other species on Earth takes another living beings life when it's not hungry or in defence or itself/it's family or it's territory? Humans are "Special" as in the alternative term for "Mentally Retarded" compared to the Animal Kingdom. At least most Animals can co-exist in a semi-peaceful manner, do not discriminate and don't use Nuclear Weapons...
Oh and on the whole "trusting in god vs government" non-sense, this is what I have to say about that: "IN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WE TRUST!" - quote from "Trust" by Megadeth
Or worse... what if I end up like that guy from "Johnny Got His Gun" for some odd reason?

I can't find the movie itself online but, you can see/hear clips of it in Metallica's music video "One" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LOT_7psWnc

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

William Sams shared their photo on Facebook
10 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion The Answer to Problems in Iraq? (I don't think so!)
14 minutes ago
Luara replied to Luara's discussion Nonbeliever's equivalent of wearing a cross
19 minutes ago
Luara replied to Luara's discussion Nonbeliever's equivalent of wearing a cross
25 minutes ago
William Sams commented on William Sams's video
30 minutes ago
KIMBERLY K updated their profile
31 minutes ago
William Sams shared their video on Facebook
31 minutes ago
John Aultman liked Christine's discussion Praise Be Unto He........
37 minutes ago
KIMBERLY K liked Carrot Hare's discussion Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!
39 minutes ago
KIMBERLY K posted a status
"Thanks for the welcome comments. I came to reasoning after the silence of sexual assault and then reading the famous silly book. Now unlearn"
47 minutes ago
Luara replied to Luara's discussion Price increase without notice
59 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion The Answer to Problems in Iraq? (I don't think so!)
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service