I've recently appealled to Blogspot users to consider using a better commenting system than the built in from Blogger. This isn't just for Blogger of course, as I already have it replace my WP comment systems as well.
There's no point repeating what I wrote here but I'd like to
A) Raise awareness to this, and
B) Ask your opinions:

Do you like the blogger comment system? I will admit that I loathe it so I'd love to see more people stop using it.
If you don't like it, why don't you switch?
Currently there are a few options you can attempt:

Of these, I think Haloscan is the worst and IDC is the best, mostly because of the great features and the excellent support (and hey, I'll be there to help too)

I suggest if you haven't considered these before, give them a try and see how you like them.
IDC specifically can be even tried only on your new posts and you're not going to lose any comments.

Tags: blogger, blogging, cocomment, comments, debate, disqus, haloscan, intense

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

To the whole group or a specific thread?
Sound nice, open it as an idea :)
We just got Haloscan comments on my blog and my fiancee's blog (which I contribute to here and there). It's working out great so far.
Eeek, pop-up commenting! :P

Have you seen the other options?
I use Haloscan and I think it sucks for a lot of reasons. I'm not on Blogger and Haloscan is the only one that works with my blogging program. I haven't seen the other options but I doubt they could be worse.
IDC works everywhere. I've seen it used even on online shops
It's not an issue with my host. It's an issue with the program I use on my computer to publish. The developers have indicated that they will be adding support for something else in the future, but right now, it's Haloscan only.
I'm a long time Xanga blogger. Recently Xanga has put a feature on that I adore, when (in your blog) someone makes a coment, you can reply to that person in your own blog, and they get an email or a notification on their inbox page that the comment they left (complete with link) has been answered. I know we have something similar here, but it isnt quite as useful because it doesnt always take you to the right spot to see the comment. You still have to click the link and then
'find' your original comment. Xanga has the 'flow' worked out great, I never worry that I wont see the answer to a comment.
Intense Debate does this as well. Whenever someone responds to a comment you left (by using the threaded function) the original commenter gets an email about it and they can even respond by replying to the email itself. Very cool for keeping up the conversation.
I tried out Disqus yesterday, but it didn't last long. I was sort of put off that, when I logged into my Blogger dashboard, I couldn't see new comments (I'd posted a test comment just to see how it worked). If I didn't have to log into a separate account, I'd probably have left Disqus running.

Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture here, and I would appreciate someone pointing out the flaws in my thinking. Or maybe another comment system would integrate better with the dashboard (I've not tried anything else).

It's not like I have to worry about it much. I've just (re)started blogging and Open Threat is pretty new. I've only had three comments so far among 21 posts (that still beats my old blog, though, at 200+ posts). Would another comment system help encourage more comments?
Yes, I did, as a matter of fact. It didn't answer one of my questions (which might not be doable, but I would still like an answer). I would also like to hear what others have to say about traffic.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service