Radcliffe Mason: “My Road To Atheism: A Black Person’s Experience”

“My Road To Atheism: A Black Person’s Experience”--

Radcliffe Mason to Speak At NYC Atheists Brunch

If you’ve been to New York City Atheists’ events, you have probably seen Radcliffe Mason; he’s the tall guy who looks a little like James Earl Jones and has the same deep, resonant voice. If you’ve dropped in at our street-tabling tent, you’ve probably seen him there, too. He’s the avid tabler who knows the Bible inside and out and can point out the Bible’s contradictions and inconsistencies to any Bible-spouting religionist.

On March 13th, you’ll get a chance to know Rad a little better: At our monthly Brunch at the Press Box, Rad will tell us, his circle of Atheist friends, how he, raised religiously, became an Atheist in a culture where being a nonbeliever is virtually unknown.

Rad served in Vietnam (and was wounded there), then taught school. You’ll love his deep hearty laugh, his smile, his sense of humor, his Atheist tee shirts (the latest one says, “The Bible--#1 Fiction Best Seller.”)

Come, Join us for Brunch on Sunday, March 13, to show your support for those in the Afro-American community who have had the courage to pull away from the rampant religiousness in their culture. Come and enjoy the life and wisdom of one of NYC Atheists’ many talented, generous, big-hearted people.

EVENT SUMMARY

WHAT: “MY ROAD TO ATHEISM: A BLACK PERSON’S EXPERIENCE,” by
Radcliffe Mason

WHEN: SUNDAY, MARCH 13, AT 12 Noon

WHERE: THE PRESS BOX RESTAURANT AND PUB
932 SECOND AVENUE (bet. 49th & 50th)

COST: Brunch is $20, which includes a selection of Buffet entrees and salad, one soft drink,
coffee, tax and tip. We encourage going back for seconds on the delicious Eggs
Benedict.

Views: 126

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Ralph!! I'll definitely attend! Do I need to purchase a ticket in advance, or just show up?
I haven't the slightest idea. I'm just forwarding the notice I got from New York City Atheists. Do I need to look them up on the web, or can you find out how to contact them? They also have a Facebook page: didn't see an announcement there, though.
Yes, I will reach out to them. Thanks again!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service