Lately I've been hearing quite a bit about the illumanati. Supposedly this underground group, which has been around for hundreds of years and is secretly ruling the world, is responsible for Micheal Jackson's death, and has Jay-Z,Obama,  Beyonce, MaryMary, and more famous black people in its roster. When I first heard about it, I brushed it off as being just one more thing my idiot ex boyfriend concocted while blitzed on a blunt with his stupid friends, however, now I've caught my own mother talking about the Illuminati. Personally, I think that this is an absolutely ridiculous myth. What do you guys think?

Views: 100

Replies to This Discussion

Having some experience with God centered fraternal organizations, I think they are duty centered and this deontological system has to recruit charismatic individuals to attract those who would follow such a basis of behavior since it is anti-evaluative. Hence, not rationally value driven, or even therefore based on volition but altruistic towards the hyerarchy's own goals and design.
The Order of the Illuminati is an occult group founded in 1776 modeled on the Jesuits and the Masons they were accused of being a secret force behind govenments and  the well connected up intll this day. They fall into the category of the 'ridiculous' for those who believe in it's current (black) membership roster and its influence in the world today, more xtian nonsense.

well there may be powerfull folks plotting how to rule the wworld; but we, the people of this world need only to work, and demand  fair and just societies, and let "pinkie and the brain" plot all they want"

there have always been powerfull folks plotting, but they have no mystical,  magical powers. but they do share a common goal; WORLD DOMINATION!!! when we understand that we will understand all of their tricks (NAFTA etc)  and who their lackys are

Preoccupation with the occult, secret societies, & mystical conspiracies is the province of right-wing paranoia, of the ignorant, illiterate, superstitious & backward.
I agree, Ralph. It's ego food for the undereducated. What's truly terrifying is that many educated black youths are eating this stuff up.
Its those stupid Dvds of white guys in suits claiming they use to work for the CIA and witnessed everything.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Christopher Cosgrove commented on Loren Miller's blog post Seth Andrews - "The Ultimate Question"
13 minutes ago
Christopher Cosgrove shared Loren Miller's blog post on Facebook
24 minutes ago
TNT666 replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion THE ORIGINS OF US ALL—BY DNA GENETIC ANALYSIS in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Christopher Cosgrove liked Loren Miller's blog post Seth Andrews - "The Ultimate Question"
1 hour ago
Atheist Exile replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion THE ORIGINS OF US ALL—BY DNA GENETIC ANALYSIS in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Atheist Exile liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion THE ORIGINS OF US ALL—BY DNA GENETIC ANALYSIS
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Dustin Roy's discussion Islam and Nazism
2 hours ago
Atheist Exile replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion THE ORIGINS OF US ALL—BY DNA GENETIC ANALYSIS in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to Christine's discussion Annual visit with the BA in-laws
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Russell Pangborn's discussion Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S
3 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Why Atheists can't be Republicans
3 hours ago
Gregory Phillip Dearth posted a status
"My second edition of "Tools for Debating Atheism" is now available on Kindle. Much better than the 1st edition... http://j.mp/1zsZBb5"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service