by Stefanie Chen, CNN

"Robert Winn met his wife, Christine, in college. He was a fraternity boy. She was a sorority girl. Early in their relationship, he made a confession, a thorny secret he camouflaged from his closest family and friends.

The truth sputtered out awkwardly.Sensing his nervousness, she speculated he would announce he was sick -- or perhaps dying?

He told her he was bisexual."...

"Her husband feels a sexual and emotional attraction toward men and women. While he fantasizes about Angelina Jolie just as his straight male friends might do, he is also attracted to Brad Pitt.

This may sound like the best of both worlds, but being openly bisexual can be complicated. He frequently battles the stereotypes of bisexuality: That bisexual men are promiscuous. That his relationships with men were just an adolescent phase. That his bisexuality is imaginary. That he's really a gay man trying to camouflage his orientation."...

"About 1.8 percent of men and women between the ages of 15 and 44 identified themselves as bisexual, according to a 2005 surveyfrom the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Researchers caution the government's figures are murky because many bisexuals will not identify themselves."...

Tags: CNN, CNN article, bisexual males

Views: 117

Replies to This Discussion

I agreed with every word.

I can see why bisexual men have difficulty, when there's still debate over whether they exist! Of course when most straight women disapprove of male bisexuality, they're going to hide it! Which is probably why that silly 2005 study was skewed anyway.

Meanwhile, there are still some women who would love to meet bisexual guys...

Ive been exclusively same sex active for past several years and while that is probably my predominant orientation, I have had relationships w women in the past but find it very difficult to explore that side, with honesty and I would like to explore it.  Dont know where to start really....

Good on him. I'm still calling myself bisexual, just because people will have at least heard of it.

Everyone knows that women are only bi to attract men!
Yep, women just try to get men's attention, and there's no such thing as a bisexual male...therefore there is no such thing as bisexuality.
About 1.8 percent of men and women between the ages of 15 and 44 identified themselves as bisexual, according to a 2005 surveyfrom the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Researchers caution the government's figures are murky because many bisexuals will not identify themselves."...

This is the main problem. Most true bisexuals are only known to other bisexuals. The point is my hetero friends think I am hetero, my homosexual friends think I'm homo whereas my bisexual friends know I am bisexual. Most Heterosexual & homosexual people don't believe there is such a thing as bisexual. Even coming out doesn't help when those one is coming out to don't agree that the preference exists.

Some time back when I was coming to grips with my sexuality, I was hanging out on a GLBT BBS.  Remember those - you know, the ones you DIALED INTO with a MODEM that made weird noises as it connected?!?

Anyway, I was lucky enough to run onto both a straight woman and a gay man who both were mature enough to figure that I was NOT straddling some sexual fence.  Those two and others truly helped me in no small way to recognize and embrace my bisexuality when a lot of others in that same community expected me to commit one way or the other, straight or gay.

What's even screwier is that Kinsey determined over half a century ago that sexuality isn't a toggle switch but a CONTINUUM ... yet apparently there are people out there who don't want to hear that.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
3 minutes ago
Dogly replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Karen Armstrong is dangerous in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
21 minutes ago
David Behrens updated their profile
30 minutes ago
Randall Smith commented on Daniel W's group Godless in the garden
47 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Ted Foureagles's discussion On being alone with yourself:
47 minutes ago
Randall Smith commented on Daniel W's group Food!
52 minutes ago
Randall Smith commented on Richard C Brown's group learnerscoffeeshack
1 hour ago
Dogly replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Karen Armstrong is dangerous in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
1 hour ago
Randall Smith commented on Kacie Tsao's blog post Who would believe in blood type astrology?
1 hour ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Deny religion the ability to use shame or fear, and you've basically eviscerated its ability to manipulate or control you, or anyone else."
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud liked Ted Foureagles's discussion On being alone with yourself:
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service