All Discussions Tagged 'painting' (10)

← Back to A TRICK OF THE EYE: ART & AESTHETICS
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Van Gogh: The Life

Van Gogh: The Life   He’s famous for both his incredible art and his notorious instability, but what was life really like for one of the gr…

Started by A Former Member

1 Oct 13, 2012
Reply by michele ricketts

Favorite Quotes on Art

Please post your favorite quotes on art here. If you don't have any to post right now, please select 'follow' if you would like to stay inf…

17 Oct 13, 2012
Reply by michele ricketts

Odilon Redon

Bertrand-Jean Redon, better known as Odilon Redon (April 20, 1840 – July 6, 1916) was a French symbolist painter, printmaker, draughtsman a…

3 May 13, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

Vladimire Zimakov: Graphic Artist and Illustrator

Vladimir Zimakov All images are copied from his site, VladimirZimakov.com, and are posted here for informational purposes only. Copyright r…

0 Apr 2, 2012

The Criminal Genius of Caravaggio

The Criminal Genius of Caravaggio In one of the last pictures he ever painted, a grim and startling “Resurrection” altarpiece, Caravaggio s…

0 Oct 5, 2011

A nightmare named Zdzislaw Beksinski

I can’t believe I haven't posted Zdzislaw Beksinski yet. He’s not my all time favorite, but these top three paintings are my favorite out o…

0 Jun 22, 2011

A Solitary Man: Winslow Homer found his subject in nature

A Solitary Man: Winslow Homer found his subject in nature Like the rugged men and robust woman he often portrayed, artist Winslow Homer s…

0 Nov 12, 2010

The boy who paints like an old master

The boy who paints like an old master His pictures cost upwards of £900, there are 680 people on a waiting list to buy them, and his seco…

4 Jun 15, 2010
Reply by Kellesta Jones

American Masters | Andy Warhol: A Documentary Film

American Masters | Andy Warhol: A Documentary Film This is an excellent documentary on Warhol. He never was one of my favorites, but aft…

2 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Otto Dix (1891 – 1969)

Otto Dix (1891 – 1969) Today, Otto Dix is considered one of the most significant artists of the 20th century. His engaged and ambivalent…

2 Sep 28, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service